Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Issues went missing from board after moving from one board to another

Edited

Hi all,

I'm a novice in using JIRA, so please pardon me if I asked silly questions.

Basically I tried to move an issue from 1 board to another board (basically to re-arrange my views of stuff).

When I was using item filter, no issue. Everything appears correctly.

However, when I go to the board itself, it did not appear there. When I went into the project settings/board/columns and statuses, i could see that the number of issues that i should have tallies and is correct.

The only thing is that WHY it doesn't appear on the board. I'm not sure if I missed out anything, but would really appreciate if someone can provide a more dummy-proof guidance for me to fix the issue.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras Community Leader Aug 22, 2022

Hi @Pehsho 

Just to be on the same side. You can't "move" an issue from a board to another, but you can move an issue from a project to another project.

Boards are visualizations of filters. That said, you should check the board's filter and see that your issue is present there.

I would also check to see if any filter was applied to the board, and that's why you don't have visibility of it.

You could have also applied issue security on the second project, and since you moved it you don't have the right permissions.

Or if you have "moved" it to a scrum board, then if this issue is not on the active sprint, then it will not be visible.

That said, you have to provide us with more information/screenshots to be able to assist you further more.

Regards,

Alex

Hi @Alex Koxaras,

Not sure what is the difference between board and projects. But basically, I'm moving something from my Projects/Work Board to Projects/Personal Board.

Not sure if that make sense to you

This is the problem that I'm facing (see screenshot below). In my Personal Board, there are 6 TO DO Issues, 7 In Progress Issues and 2 Recurring Issues. However, that is not the correct number that I'm looking at.

Screenshot 2022-08-22 at 6.45.45 PM.png

Looking at the Project Settings, you can see that the issues count do not tally. So I'm puzzled why it is that way.

Screenshot 2022-08-22 at 6.48.36 PM.png

Go to backlog and see if you can see these issues.

tmp board.png

If you drag your issues from the backlog to the board, then they will be visible.

Hi @Alex Koxaras

Yes it works! Thanks for your help. However, there seems to be some that are still missing. The earlier steps helped me to recovered some, but there seems to be other missing?

From the picture below, both the board and my filter can see 22 issues.

Screenshot 2022-08-22 at 7.36.49 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-08-22 at 7.37.16 PM.png

However in the project column and statuses, it shows more issues:

Screenshot 2022-08-22 at 7.43.51 PM.png

I still have 3 more in-progress and 3 more recurring issues that are missing.

oops. Nevermind, I answered my own question. Those numbers include the main task but I was only considering the sub-tasks.

Thanks a lot for your help @Alex Koxaras 

Like Alex Koxaras likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events