Issues not visible after new installation

Patrick Fial August 4, 2012

Some days ago, my box with the jira installation on it died, and some hardware parts needed to be replaced. Today, I rebuilt the box, and started to reinstall all software on it. I'm running FreeBSD 9.0, with openjdk6. To recover my jira 4.4.1 installation, I did the following:

1) recover my mysql server and database. the old jira data is present in the `jira` db scheme, and I can verify that data exists (e. g. I can see all the issues in the jiraissue table)

2) set JAVA_HOME, run the startup.sh script

3) access myhost:8080 to run the setup (jira-data folder is not existing yet, its created by the setup once started)

4) tell the setup to use "jira2" as database, because it won't let me chose a not-empty database

5) finish the setup, shutdown jira

6) edit jira-data/dbconfig.xml and replace `jira2` with `jira`, to use the database with the existing data

7) start jira again

I can now log into JIRA, and I can use all users that were present before the hardware crash. I can see the projects, and also the versions. However I can not see a single issue (no matter if logged in as admin or regular user).

Can anyone help me with this? How can I recover the jira issues?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2012

Ate you seeing the issues if you use the direct URL? /browse/issueKey?

If so, t is a problem with indexing. Tru a full reindexing and see if it fixes it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Search+Indexing

Thanks for the quick response. Directly accessing the issue didn't work, but everything works now after re-indexing.

I wan't to upgrade to jira 5.1.1 now. Should I use JDK6 or JDK7? I could not run the 4.4.1 installer with JDK7, but jira 4.4.1 now is giving me warnings that I should update my JDK version to update 16 or something, but I'm somewhat tied to what packages freebsd/openjdk provides.

thanks for your support.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2012

only JDK 6 is supported as of now.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2012

You should really upgrade to the latest version of JDK 6 too - even release 31 has some security issues. 16 is rather old and if you're upgrading, I wouldn't bother, I'd jump to the latest. I'm not really a java developer, but I work with them, and they say that 27(ish) and above have some performance tweaks which are worth having in Jira.

Suggest an answer