Issues not showing up in Portfolio Live Plans

JasonF April 15, 2016

For some of my projects, when i link Live Plans it never finds any issues... I've looked at everything i can think of and still have no answer.  In fact, i can create issues in portfolio, commit them to the project, and they disappear from Portfolio.  However, they do get committed to the project.  I've tried changing issues types, permissions, field config, roles, permission scheme, etc...  Still can't get it to work.  Thoughts?

8 answers

10 votes
lukas.simokaitis July 21, 2017

Same here. Fix version is present, no release attached. Project as source is selected but certain issues don't appear in source configuration screen even not only in plan.

6 votes
Martin Suntinger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2016

Hey @Jason Frueh, hard to diagnose exactly, but here's a little checklist of things that could cause an issue to not show up, probably you've checked many of them already: 

• Release assignments to a release that is excluded: If an issue is assigned to a fixVersion that is excluded from the plan, then also the issue is not loaded (unless it also has another fixVersion assigned with is included). Things show up if they have either no version assigned, or they have at least 1 version assigned that is included. 
  • Filter permissions: Is the filter you are using shared with other users that try to access the plan? If not, the other use will see a nice when checking the issue sources in the plan configuration 
  • Explicitly excluded before: has an issue been explicitly excluded from the plan before? In this case, go to the plan configuration > Issue Sources > Edit sources, and check if the issue shows up as you go through the setup wizard again. if it was excluded, it will show up as unchecked in the table 
  • Unintended Filters in the UI - accidently any filter set, like for example the schedule range? If something doesn't get scheduled it would not show up even though it exists. 
    The next filter is one that is often missed (not ideal UX)
  • Hierarchy levels / mapping: Anything odd with which issue types are mapping to the hierarchy? is there anything visible on any other hierarchy level? 
  • Custom field configurations: Any changes to fields, like for example having removed the fixVersion field at all from the issues? Portfolio checks this field when loading issues to see if its in an included or excluded assignment, if the whole field is not there, it might cause problems.

If none of this helps, please raise a support ticket to look at the particular instance. Thanks!

JacobS May 26, 2016

Custom field configurations: Any changes to fields, like for example having removed the fixVersion field at all from the issues? Portfolio checks this field when loading issues to see if its in an included or excluded assignment, if the whole field is not there, it might cause problems.

Thanks for the check list. Allowed me to figure out that i had Fix version field hidden in custom field configurations.

Live plans apparently can't work without it. So why don't it give an error/warning when creating a plan... Documentation doesn't say anything either as far as I could find.

Like # people like this
Larry Lowe May 19, 2020

Custom field configurations: Any changes to fields, like for example having removed the fixVersion field at all from the issues? Portfolio checks this field when loading issues to see if its in an included or excluded assignment, if the whole field is not there, it might cause problems.

Same as @JacobS I just needed to unhide the Fix Version through the field configuration scheme. Then index the project. Everything showed up in Portfolio.

Like Deleted user likes this
3 votes
Marcia Carlson April 15, 2016

I know this probably sounds lame, but did you happen to check to see if you have any filters applied to your view in Live Plan?  I only ask because I had the same thing happen to one of my co-workers and we found that he had the Releases filter excluding the release he happened to be working with and we hadn't noticed it.

JasonF April 15, 2016

Thanks for the response!  Other than the 'Later' release that's created automatically, there were no other releases for this project.  I double checked the filters, and everything is set to all.  What's odd about this one, is that the issue just never show up.  Even when i configure the source originally.  I've tried using the project, a project filter, and a board, and nothing ever shows up on the scope view.

Like Bianca Aye likes this
2 votes
MDA July 25, 2019

We experience something similar. In the live plans I can see all the issues, but when going to the program view some plans are indicating "There are no issues scheduled for the selected hierarchy". Any ideas ?

2 votes
Ana A_ Lebron November 2, 2016

I am experiencing the same issue, did you get it resolve?

1 vote
Marcelo Zucchelli November 6, 2019

November 2019, hitting the same issue. Created a fresh new live plan with no filters, pulling the issues straight from the projects and have selected all versions. Issues were not excluded from a plan in the past. I will run a re-indexing tonight to check if that fixes the problem, but this is a dealbreaker for introducing Portfolio as our release train management tool.

1 vote
Friedrich_Schlerka July 15, 2019

I am experiencing the same problem.  Is there a solution.

0 votes
jo September 29, 2019

I am experiencing same problem here, What can we do?

Suggest an answer