I set up a new server (test server) with the exact same version of JIRA and MySQL, as well as confluence. I then dumped the SQL databases from the old server and imported them on the new server. I also copied the following folders/files from the old server and overwrote the new servers files:
C: Program Files Atlassian Application Data JIRA data
C: Program Files Atlassian Application Data JIRA structure
C: Program Files Atlassian JIRA atlassian-jira images
C: Program Files Atlassian Application Data JIRA dbconfig.xml
C: Program Files Atlassian Application Data Confluence confluence.cfg.xml
C: Program Files Atlassian Application Data Confluence config
C: Program Files Atlassian Application Data Confluence index
Then, I started JIRA and Confluence and install plugins. Everything appears to be running properly except that I no longer have all my issues in JIRA. Oddly, 3 very old issues show up, but no other issues are present. The users, projects, greenhopper sprints, etc. are correctly pulled from the SQL database, but the issues are not.
I have investigated the contents of the SQL database and it does contain all the issues.
Please make sure that you are not using the same SQL database for test and production instances.
If you are indeed using different databases, make sure that dbconfig.xml is pointing to the test database and not the production database.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs