Issues have reporter "Anonymous"

Kalyan Kumar Das March 18, 2019

I am using JIRA 4.3.4. I am facing an issue i.e. reporter "Anonymous". When i create the ticket in any project at that time reporter name is displayed on my name. In case internet is not connecting for sometime and back to the normal stage i.e. Internet is connect. After that Reporter name is displayed on "Anonymous". 

If talking about log file, i had got one exception which is provided given below:    

RemotePluginLicenseNotificationPluginJob-job [atlassian.upm.notification.PluginLicenseNotificationCheckerImpl] Automatic license
update check failed: com.atlassian.upm.mac.HamletException: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated

I am unable to understand that where the issue is raised either from Workflow side or Permission or any other.

Somebody can help me on this.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2019

Anonymous reporter usually means one of:

• You have not entered a reporter (or rather, deliberately removed it, as it will set it to the current user by default)
  • You have deleted the user that was the reporter
  • That an issue was created via an email that came from an email address that is not associated with any of your Jira users
  • There is a problem with Jira reading your user directory

The exception in your log file is about Jira doing one of its regular checks connecting to the marketplace, it's failing SSL, but this is not related to the anonymous reporter.

What user directory are you using, and does the reporter you're expecting to use exist?

Kalyan Kumar Das April 17, 2019

One Xml file is provided i.e. oxuser. On that we are providing the IP address, user and password. I don't know how it is configured.

Kalyan Kumar Das April 17, 2019

Type: Generic Directory Server

<property name="java.naming.factory.initial">com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory</property>

<provider class="com.atlassian.core.ofbiz.osuser.CoreOFBizCredentialsProvider">
<property name="exclusive-access">true</property>
</provider>

<provider class="com.atlassian.jira.user.osuser.JiraOFBizProfileProvider">
</provider>

<provider class="com.atlassian.jira.user.osuser.JiraOFBizAccessProvider">
</provider>

The user i.e. created the ticket that comes under this directory.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2019

That snippet of filedoes not tell us what your user directory is, as it is a set of providers that could be configured, not the one(s) you have added.

What directory does Admin -> User Directories say is in use?

Kalyan Kumar Das April 23, 2019

a.png

"crowd.delegated.directory.type": "com.atlassian.crowd.directory.GenericLDAP"

I am the new one on Directory configuration that's why I unable to catch to your point.  

Kindly check and confirm us.   

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2019

Ok, you're using and LDAP server.  You will find your "anonymous" users are people who you have removed from LDAP, or that the issues were created by people who are not in Jira's view sending email to it.

Kalyan Kumar Das December 30, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-: Its the issue in LDAP server. Now fixed it from the network administrator team. Also Sorry for the late response.

Kalyan Kumar Das December 30, 2019

Due_Date_code_Listener.jpgTEST-247.jpgTEST-258.jpg

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-: The new JIRA has been installed and i am facing the issue in scriptrunner. I m searching for 2 days.  

The two point is provided below which i need to fix:

1. I am unable to restrict for update the value of an issue at the time of issue update event. I had created a script on script listener.

2. Instead of hard coded value for key, i want to use dynamic code on script-runner. Means if the ticket is sub-task issue and project will be the same then the below script will execute.

Here the script is provided below and the requirement is duedate value for Task IssueType should be greater than the Duedate value for n number of subtask IssueType :

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import groovy.transform.BaseScript
import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.customisers.ContextBaseScript
import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.util.UserMessageUtil
import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException

//

@BaseScript ContextBaseScript script

Issue issue = getIssueOrDefault("TEST-258") // Hard coded issue-key defined

if(issue.parentObject.dueDate.compareTo(issue.getDueDate()) >= 0)
{
UserMessageUtil.success("Due Date Success"+issue.dueDate)
log.debug(issue.getDueDate())
}
else
{
UserMessageUtil.success('Please enter the Subtask duedate that is less than Parent-Task Due-Date ')
//throw new InvalidInputException("Input not valid")
}

The problem is that when the condition fails then the date will be update first and next the pop up alert is raised which i mentioned in the code but I am unable to restrict the due date update. Also recommend us for second point on run-time environment(on production).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2020

Please raise this as a new question - your comment has nothing to do with this 8-month old question on a separate topic.

Suggest an answer