Issues filtering by Sprint

Andrada Covaci April 27, 2021

Hello,

For a couple of hours I am struggling with this issue. I`m trying to add a gadget which shows me the progress that we had in a previous Sprint (let`s say Sprint 88). I chose the pie chart and create a simple filter choosing all issues and Sprint 88. The problem is that the results are including all the issues that contain Sprint 88 but as well other Sprints (if those issues where in Sprint 89 as well, they will appear... so I can not see exactly the progress only for sprint 88). 

Long story short, I would like to know how many were done in that sprint, how many where planned for that sprint.

Can anyone please help me with a suggestion?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

You can't do this, it's not how the report works.

There are two elements to the report - a search and a display.  The search gives you a list of issues that match the question you are asking.  That is fed into the display which shows you data from the issues in the list.

In this case, your pie chart is looking at sprint for grouping up the issues, so it's going to display sprint 88 and 89 because that's the data on the issues.

In other words, the problem is not the search, it's the report.  This one does not have a way to say "and also drop out arbitrary bits of data you get from the search when you report"

Hello, 

Thanks a lot!

I thought maybe Jira has an option to show me the status of issues only for a period of time of 2 weeks = Sprint 88. So I can compare now the S88 with S89 (today we finished the Sprint 89) and I wanted to present a report with this numbers.

So there is no way to see the status only for a period of time from the past, right?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer; I have to admit that I tried to find an answer today almost everywhere.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Well, your searches can have time-based elements to them, those might be helpful.

The most obvious clause is quite simple and does what you expect: 

<date field> = <a date>

You can of course then use greater than and less than to do <date field> is after or before a fixed date.  (so "updated > 23rd April 2021" means "issues that have an updated date after 23/04/2021").

These can be dynamic, moving with "now".  "updated > -7d" will give you issues updated in the last 7 week, and then there are a pile of functions like startOfWeek that can be a bit clever with the dynamics.  You might find the openSprint() closedSprint() functions, while not time based, might be able to help.  Functions are documented at https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/

There's also the "was" operator - limited as it only works for Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution, and Status, but if can do stuff like 

status WAS "Resolved" BY (jsmith,srogen) DURING ("2019/01/01","2020/01/01")

which was wholesale stolen from the docs - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-operators/

Like Andrada Covaci likes this

That`s amazing Nic, thank you a lot! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events