Issues do not appear in either Kanban board or backlog in Jira Cloud

Asparuh Georgiev May 10, 2021

Hi All,

I am using Jira Cloud and I have created a project with some epics, however the issue I am facing is from today and I can't seem to find two newly created issues which are connected to an Epic.
I can see them when searching by key or with JQL in the general search bar in Jira.
I can't see them however when I apply the same JQL in the project filter or backlog filter.

I am very confused as to where they could be...any input would be helpful

As far as I can see in the past re-indexing would help but in this case Jira Cloud has deprecated this function.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

I found a fix for me, I am going to post it in case someone else stumbles on the same issue.
I removed the sminlanes, removed all fields from the tickets, then re-added the fields and the tickets appeared in the backlog. Then I returned the swimlanes and the tickets stayed in the backlog and also when changing statues they moved to the kanban board as well.

Not sure exactly what triggered the issue in the first place though. :( 

0 votes
Guy Anela March 8, 2022

Hi folks - Just wanted to post this here in case someone else comes across the same problem we had.

Issues may not show on your Kanban Backlog/Board if it's using the following default sub-filter and your issue doesn't utilize the Fix Versions field (e.g. not on the screen or it's Hidden in the Field Configuration).

fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY

One would think that "fixVersion is EMPTY" would allow the issues to be displayed but that's unfortunately not the case. :( See these Bugs for more details...

Anyhow, hope this helps. Cheers!

0 votes
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Hi @Asparuh Georgiev Welcome to the community.

As you able to view the issue directly using issue-key and with JQL in the general search bar in Jira so it's not an issue related to the indexes, if there is any issue with indexes then issues will not searchable in search bar.

I can't see them however when I apply the same JQL in the project filter or backlog filter:

For project filter can let me know where exactly you are searching the issues?

Can you please share a screenshot where are you searching these issue?

Thank you @Sagar ,

I have created the 888 testing filter with the exact same JQL which finds the two issue as shown in the screens, however when I apply it, it doesn't show any result as if the issues do not exists  o.O

Jira 1.pngJira 2.pngJira 3.pngJira.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events