Issues disappeared when migrating to new workflow

Susie Barber March 26, 2019

I just created a new workflow and changed my Scrum board to that new workflow.  Now issues in two of my columns in the current sprint disappeared as well as everything in upcoming sprints and my backlog.  Why didn't everything migrate and more importantly, how do I get everything back?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2019

Hello Susie,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

You mentioned that only issues from two columns of your board have disappeared once you migrated your issues to your new workflow, right?

When you perform a workflow migration, you will need to map all your issues to the new status configured in the new workflow.

That been said, I would check the following:

1 - Navigate to your board > Click on the three dots menu (...) > board settings > Columns

2 - Check if the statuses of the new workflow which you've  migrated your issues are properly configured on the board columns

3 - On the General tab, check if your board filter is returning the issues for the new statuses you configured

Basically, the board columns will reflect the status where your issues are, so I believe your new statuses which you have mapped your issues during the workflow migration might be not configured on the board columns.

For more details about this feature and how to configure board columns, you can refer to the section "Board columns are related to your workflow" in the documentation below:

Working with boards

Let me know if this information helps.

Susie Barber March 27, 2019

I'll give that a try, but note that EVERYTHING in my backlog is still gone (and upcoming sprints as well), so columns aren't going to help me with that.  When I reverted back to the old workflow, everything showed up again.  

Unfortunately, I can't simply edit the old workflow as other projects are using it.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2019

Hello Susie,

Since your backlog is also not appearing, I believe this is something related to your board filter.

Navigate to the board > Board settings > General > Edit filter query and check if your board filter is returning the issues for the new statuses you configured.

We will be waiting for your answer.

Susie Barber March 27, 2019

The only thing in the filter is "ORDER BY Rank ASC".

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
March 27, 2019

Hello Susie,

Could you please provide us a screenshot of your board filter and columns details in the board settings?

Additionally, can you provide us a screenshot of one of the issues that are disappearing from the board informing the status it was before/after the workflow migration?

We will be waiting for your answer to further troubleshoot the issue.

Ticia McGean June 14, 2022

@Petter Gonçalves I added a question to another thread similar to this one. I am having the same issue and I tried the above solution. I still am only seeing 8 issues in the backlog but when I do a query under issues I see 155 in Open and To Do. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events