Issues created into Backlog disappear and can only be seen in All Issues.

Bill_Marshall_wintriss_com February 17, 2019

Issues created into Backlog disappear and can only be seen in All Issues.

I have the role as "Site Administrator" so why on earth do the Issue entries just vanish immediately after I enter them into the Backlog?  It would be better if something at least appears in the Backlog for these entries.

Perhaps this is a bug?

1 answer

2 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2019

Hello,

It means that the issues, which you create, are not selected by the filter defined for the board. You can find the filter in the board settings -> general

Bill_Marshall_wintriss_com February 17, 2019

Jira page that shows after view unmapped statuses etc.jpgJira View unmapped statuses etc.jpg

Hi Alexey,

Could you please provide a little more detail?

Why do we need filter settings in the first place? 

Also could you explain what I'm supposed to do per my attached screenshots?

Like Marty likes this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2019

You need to push the link in the pink rectangle and add unmapped statuses to columns.

Boards do not contain issues. Projects contain issues. Boards only select issues from projects by the JQL filter. That is why if Filter for S6 board does not select created by you issues, then you will not see these issues on the board.

Like Marty likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events