Issues Searching Tickets with specific labels

Gurdeep Singh September 11, 2019

Hi All,

I am trying to search all the tickets which have either LABEL A or LABEL B tagged along with a specific set of users who have reported the issue and then export the query on a two dimensional filter statistic gadget.

When i check the gadget, i see multiple labels coming up  in the two dimensional filter

query used is as below

( labels = A OR labels = B ) AND (reporter = X OR reporter = Y OR reporter = Z )

Not sure what is wrong in this query, I have not added the status of the ticket as i need details of all the tickets who have this label, 

I assume it should pull the details from all the projects ( 1,2,3,4.. ) in which this LABELS are being used

Any suggestions would be appreciated

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

lets first simplify the query

labels in (A,B) AND reporter in (x,y,z)

now as to what you are seeing in the gadget where issues w/ labels other than A or B is likely because there are issues that contain A or B BUT also contain another label. To check this theory. click on one of the links for say label C and look at the labels field. Does it also contain A or B?

Does this make sense?

0 votes
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2019

Hey @Gurdeep Singh 

You would want the JQL to look something like the example below. I think your issues is you have it as "labels = A OR labels = B" and it needs to "labels in".

labels in ("Label A", "Label B") AND reporter in ("User X", "User Y","User Z")

Suggest an answer