Issues Created for Project 'A' while in Project 'B' are not showing in Project 'A' backlog

Andrew Young October 29, 2019

Our team uses one central board on an existing project (Project 'B') to track the work across multiple projects (Projects C & D). Recently we have been tasked with starting a new project, for which we created a new project 'A'. 

The issue comes into play while we were building out the scope of Project 'A'; while the initial set of stories were created directly within the project, a number of additional issues that were needed were created from our scrum board, which lives within Project 'B'.

During issue creation we were sure to assign them to Project 'A', and we assumed this was successful as the issue prefix indicated the correct project; but when navigating to Project A's backlog, none of the new issues are showing up.

What am I missing? 

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2019

Hi @Andrew Young 

From my point of view, this is quite difficult to troubleshoot just from a description.

Are you certain that they're not showing in the Backlog of project B?

Have a look at the filter and sub-filter query for project A, just to see if anything seems to suggest an answer to what you're seeing.

You can look in the Backlog of project A and see that you have X issues. Then do an issue filter of project=project A AND status=Backlog (or whatever your backlog status is) - are you still only seeing X issues, or now X + Y? Are the "missing" issues in the list?

Andrew Young October 29, 2019

Hi Warren, thanks for your reply! While I didn't see anything wonky with the filter query, I did refresh it while I was in there, which seems to have resolved the problem. 

Wish I had a better update to potentially help resolve this issue in future should anyone run into it, but alas a quick refresh did the trick. 

Suggest an answer