Issues Assigned tab and Shared Filter not seen

Cheryl Wetherington July 13, 2011

We are new to Jira and trying to set things up. I have an edit tab in my Issues Assigned menu which allows me to do more specific searches. All issues are initially being assigned to me, and then I will farm them out as appropriate. I set up a filter and shared it with everyone so that my boss could apply the filter and see what issues have not been assigned, and we can easily confer. However, he does not have the edit tab in Issues Assigned that I have, and the filter is not visible to him. We both have developer status, so I don't know what is causing the differences, or why he can't see my filter?

Also, when he puts his own search in for issues assigned to me, it returned with 4, when I have 21. Help is greatly appreciated!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nikhil Naoghare August 29, 2011

If you have created a filter, and it is shared with all. Then all the changes you make will be reflected to that filter and anybody who is using that filter will be able to see all those changes and issues. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Nikhil.

Cheryl Wetherington August 29, 2011

Great - thanks so much!

0 votes
Nikhil Naoghare July 15, 2011

Hi Cherylw,

Whenever anyone creates a filter then, it can be shared with other users by sharing oprion. But at the same time the filter can only be edited by the user who creates it and not any other user. This is the reason why you are able to edit the filter and not your boss.

And regarding the query that your boss is able to see only 4 issues and yourself 21. This may be case of the permission. This is because your boss may not have access or permission on the remaining issues, and he may have permissions only on those 4 issues. You can check this by asking your boss to check whether he is able to access the other issues directly i.e. via a direct link to the issue.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Nikhil.

Cheryl Wetherington August 29, 2011

Thank you, that makes sense. I have him set up now with filters. If I make changes to the filter, will those changes be populated to everyone using my filter, or do I have to add a new one?

Thanks!

0 votes
Cheryl Wetherington July 14, 2011

OK, I figured out you have to change your setting in profile for Filter & Dashboard settings to Public. However, I'm still looking for an answer as to why I have an Edit tab and my boss does not. Thanks!

Nikhil Naoghare August 29, 2011

Hi Cherylw,

Only the owner of the filter has rights to EDIT the filter. No one else can edit that filter. If you have created the filter, then only you can EDIT that.

~ Nikhil.

Suggest an answer