Issue with login and redirects when changing from JIRA to Confluence

krisg May 9, 2012

Does anyone else have an issue simialr to the one detailed here:

When i am working in my ondemand system, if i have been working in the "issues" section for a while, and i then try to click on "wiki" or visit a page in Confluence, the following happens

1. It takes a really long time to respond

2. I get an error in Chrome saying "Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects."

3. I have to go to the home page http://companyname.atlassian.net/secure/dashboard.jspa

4. I have to then click on another link, such as one of the projects in the dropdown

5. I can then click on "wiki" and it will load fine

From what i can see, it appears to be an issue with changing between JIRA and Confluence applications, and possibly authentication issue is the cause/symptom. I say this, because when i look at the user management section, whereas most users have about 100-200 logins since we started using the system, on my account i have around 3600 logins in the same time frame.

This makes me think that i am having a problem authenticating in Confluence, which is causing it to try redirect me to a login page, which is redirecting me again - hence the "Too many redirects" error. When i click on the home page, and another link, this signs me in, and i am able to navigate ok from that point onwards.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
krisg July 9, 2012

It appears bypassing the internal proxy, by turning off the proxy settings in Chrom options has resolved the issue.

After 48 hours i have had no occurences of the issue, whereas previously i would have it 2-3 times per hour.

Our IT dept have not been able to identify why the proxy causes this issue only intermittently.

0 votes
Alexander Zacherl July 4, 2012

We have the exact same problem since we activated Confluence in our Jira OnDemand instance. Please help.

Suggest an answer