Issue with fixversion

jamie tannenbaum June 30, 2017

We have a shop that builds three releases a week.  Instead of creating seperate tickets we use one ticket and merge code over three branches.  to track to make sure we have not missed a build, I have a query that compares the target release, a custom field, with the fixedin field.  Currently we have two target releases 3.2 and 3.3.    Needless to say since we are building weekly we bump up the maintenance field value each time.  (i.e. 3.3.0, 3.3.1, 3.3..2, etc.)

I noticied a pecular case when I was looking for the following

"Target Release" = 3.2 AND fixversion not in versionMatch("3.2.*")

that I had a JIRA ticket that has a target release of 3.2 but had a fixedin version of 3.3.2 .  This ticket did not get selected because it pattern match to the 3.2 in 3.3.2.

Any suggestions to overcome this?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Bernardin June 30, 2017

Does versionmatch respect typical regex rules? I think ^ is used to indicate the beginning of the string in typical regex, so your regex would be "^3.2*"

I don't have ScriptRunner on my install so I can't test it out; sorry.

Also, I think your real issue is with the versionMatch function, not the fixVersion field. You might have luck checking with the folks who control versionMatch?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/cloud/overview

jamie tannenbaum June 30, 2017

Thanks for the quick response.  I tried your suggestion and it worked perfectly.

Suggest an answer