Issue with creating SVN dump

I'm trying to migrate from SVN to Git, and doing everything according to instructions. After creating and downloading the svn.dump it turned to be the dump of only one project (which was currently set in the "Projects" menu on the top). How can I create and obtain the dump for all the projects, tags and branches?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

Hi Andrew,

I hope I get this right. As far as I know, an SVN dump, at least from our OnDemand instances, should contain all the projects. There are instructions here on how to get that dump, which is from the backup manager:

Is that the same place you are getting your dump? And it definitely only has a single project?

Sorry for the 20 questions - I just want to be sure we're talking about the same thing.

Hi Charles,

thank you for your reply. I've followed the instructions, but during extracting the dump, i had following errors:

svnadmin: E125005: Invalid property value found in dumpstream; consider repairing the source or using --bypass-prop-validation while loading.
svnadmin: E125005: Cannot accept non-LF line endings in 'svn:ignore' property

Hi Frank,

That's not good. Do you mind raising a support ticket so we can help you further.

Hi Charles,

sorry for confusing. I've followed the instructions i've pasted in the previous comments (used --bypass-prop-validation) and it seemed to solve my issue.

Thank you for support, anyway!

No worries - glad you got it working.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

494 views 6 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot