Issue with creating SVN dump

andrew bludov September 3, 2013

I'm trying to migrate from SVN to Git, and doing everything according to instructions. After creating and downloading the svn.dump it turned to be the dump of only one project (which was currently set in the "Projects" menu on the top). How can I create and obtain the dump for all the projects, tags and branches?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

0 votes
Frank Heinen September 5, 2013

Hi Charles,

sorry for confusing. I've followed the instructions i've pasted in the previous comments (used --bypass-prop-validation) and it seemed to solve my issue.

Thank you for support, anyway!

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2013

No worries - glad you got it working.

0 votes
Frank Heinen September 4, 2013

Hi Charles,

thank you for your reply. I've followed the instructions, but during extracting the dump, i had following errors:

svnadmin: E125005: Invalid property value found in dumpstream; consider repairing the source or using --bypass-prop-validation while loading.
svnadmin: E125005: Cannot accept non-LF line endings in 'svn:ignore' property

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

Hi Frank,

That's not good. Do you mind raising a support ticket so we can help you further.

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2013

Hi Andrew,

I hope I get this right. As far as I know, an SVN dump, at least from our OnDemand instances, should contain all the projects. There are instructions here on how to get that dump, which is from the backup manager:

https://go-dvcs.atlassian.com/display/aod/Migrating+from+Subversion+to+Git+on+Bitbucket#MigratingfromSubversiontoGitonBitbucket-2PreparetheSubversiondata

Is that the same place you are getting your dump? And it definitely only has a single project?

Sorry for the 20 questions - I just want to be sure we're talking about the same thing.

Charles

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2013

This might be useful too, as well as the comments:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Exporting+source+code

Suggest an answer