Issue status in velocity template

Fernando del Río February 16, 2014

Hi,

I make tab panel plugin in velocity template need display issue status.

how?

Please help.

Thks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2014

Depends on what the tab is on, but in most cases (and assuming Jira 6.1) $issue.getStatusObject().getName() will get you the name of the status.

Fernando del Río February 17, 2014

I proved to do what you have mentioned JIRA V. 5.1 and shows nothing on my browser only shows $issue.getStatusObject().getName () :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2014

Well, the stuff you do with $issue is basically calling the java api behind it - have a look at the api docs for the relevant version of Jira.

Also, if a .vm is not behaving, it can be useful to use simple brute force. What does $issue show? Or $issue.getStatusObject() ?

mmm, Al try:

$ issue

$ issue.getStatusObject ()

html sample:

$ issue

$ issue.getStatusObject ()

I still have the same problem.

On the contrary if I try: $ jiraUserUtils.getGroupNamesForUser in html shows Admin.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2014

If all you get is $issue, then the $issue velocity variable doesn't have an issue in it. There's no way any code is going to work - there's nothing to do!

You need to have a $issue to work with.

(Although, I just noticed you've said "$ issue", not "$issue" - make sure you are using $issue)

1 vote

Thank you very much, I resolved the issue object from the working class and send to velocity.

regards

Suggest an answer