Issue statistics per Sprint.

Miro September 10, 2018

Hi All,

I have received he following requirement: create a dashboard, which will display selected Issue stats for a number of past Sprints. E.g. number of Issues in each Fix Version for, say, the last 5 Sprints. More specifically, I would need this at a given point in time - say, at the closure of each Sprint.

I  would need this both in tabular form and as a chart.

I don't mind using SQL. I was wondering if it is possible to get this kind of data snapshot from the database and how to approach it?

Then, once I've written the query, which plugin/gadget would be best to visualize it? I would prefer a dashboard gadget, which would take the query and display the results in a table and as a chart.

TIA for any pointers.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2018
Miro September 13, 2018

Thank you, I will play with these queries a bit.

Miro September 13, 2018

OK, so it works nicely. Here is the prototype query:

SELECT sp.NAME, COUNT(*) AS 'Retest' FROM customfieldvalue c
LEFT OUTER JOIN jiraissue i ON (i.ID=c.ISSUE)
LEFT OUTER JOIN AO_60DB71_SPRINT sp ON (sp.ID=c.STRINGVALUE)
WHERE c.STRINGVALUE IN
(SELECT CAST(s.ID AS nvarchar) spId from AO_60DB71_SPRINT s WHERE NAME LIKE '%xxx%')
AND SUMMARY LIKE '%RETEST%'
GROUP BY sp.ID, sp.Name
ORDER BY sp.ID DESC

The selection of Sprints based on a string match is quite ugly and error-prone, so in the next iteration I will change that to the selection of sprints from a project / board.

I also don't quite like the tagging of an issue in the Summary field (this should be done by a label, ideally).

As for visualizing the results, the following plugin seems to be doing a nice job:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211199/pocketquery-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview

Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2018

Hi @Miro,

good job figuring out this query! ;)

Should you need any help with writing your templates or PocketQuery in general please feel free to contact us at our ServiceDesk for PocketQuery. You are always welcome! :)

Best regards,
Sven (Scandio)

Miro September 17, 2018

Sven,

I am already a great fan of PQ! ;-)

Played with it a bit over the last few days and I am quite charmed, my team is also very impressed. We are definitely buying and including it in our set of standard add-ons.

Keep up the good job - I wish more plugins were so simple, straight-forward and intuitive, while at the same time providing so much functionality.

thanks,
 Miro.

Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2018

Wow - I think that's probably one of the nicest reviews we ever got!

I think @Felix Grund (Scandio) would be really happy to read this - it would probably make him blush. ;)

Thank you so much!

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2018

I blushed. Thanks @[deleted], glad our plugin if of help to you and you're a fan!

Maybe there's a way we could make you post this as a "real" review on the marketplace if you haven't already :-)

Miro September 17, 2018

Sure, I will remember to write a review on the marketplace.

Suggest an answer