Issue security level based on reporter group

keyur December 8, 2016

Here is the Scenario:

We have configured different client access in JIRA by applying different permission scheme due to which client will be able to access only configured project.

Also we have applied Security level scheme to utilize same and restrict client to access tickets which are reported by Internal team.

Security level is configured is  Group (Jira-User) which is entire Internal team and reporter. 

Due to above security level, client is not able to see Internal ticket and Internal team is able to access all tickets.

Only Challenge facing is when a client have more than one users and they are not able to access tickets reported by their colleague.

Any suggestion in Security level scheme will be appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
keyur December 8, 2016

Thanks for your response Karalee.

You understanding on problem statement is correct. JSD is not an option as it comes up with cost not much suitable to our operation where team is interacting with client on Implementation project.

Enabling access in JIRA is working much more smoother and client is much happy the way we have setup and enabled permission.

I do have solution to bifurcate projects for External and Internal team but that is not advisable option. 

I believe there is some tricky hack for which I am looking for solution.

Once again thanks for your valuable feedback.

0 votes
Karalee Kikiros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2016

Hi Keyur. How I read the above is that you're trying to come up with a solution that will allow colleagues of the reporter to see a ticket - is that right? If that's the case I can really only think of one way to restrict the ticket information to everyone, which is to get yourself JIRA Service Desk. Their colleagues can be added as participants to the ticket and they will get status updates and any public comments as provided by the agent in JSD.

The other way is to restrict what can be viewed or edited on the ticket in JIRA. I'm not sure whether you're trying to cover some or all of the information but if it's just so you can discuss the work without the client seeing the nitty gritty, you could just change the comment permission and exclude them that way or mark them as viewers only for the project so they can see but not actually do anything.  

Suggest an answer