Issue request type

Jira Softera June 3, 2021

Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm writing with a request about a fault that I was trying to solve but I need some additional information regarding Request type of an issue which is a Service Desk project.

Our client requested that they need Request Type of an issue created via email to be set as Problem, not Email request. As an example below (shown in the picture), I created Request Type manually:

image.png  

While selecting this type of parameter, the issue for some reason isn't created. In Email request section I chose this Request type I created:

image.png

Although, It says Email channel is enabled but we still don't receive issues:

image.png

I checked the mail flow settings - it says that the email is delivered.

Could you please guide me through any necessary steps I have missed? Are there any additional steps that I need to proceed with?

1 answer

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

Hi @Jira Softera 

Instructions on how the email processing logs can be viewed is in https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/view-the-email-processing-and-connectivity-logs/

Do follow that and see whether it throws any errors

Jira Softera June 4, 2021

Hello, @Fazila Ashraf

Тhanks for a response. In the link you sent there's one step which requires to press view logs but there's no such button, have any ideas why? image.png

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2021

@Jira Softera  , are you using jira cloud (Saas) as this question is tagged?

If not, What is the version of your jira? If it is actually server/DC version of JIRA, the instructions that you have to follow is https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/troubleshoot-incoming-mail-in-jira-service-management-790960076.html

Jira Administration (cog icon) > Applications > Jira Service Management - Email requests

That instruction helped, thanks! Our Jira version is 4.16.0.

So I checked the logs and saw lots of failure messages:image.png
image.png

What should I do next?

Also, sorry, I checked the wrong tag - our Jira is not Saas.

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2021

In the problem type, is 'Product' a required field?

For email processing, there shouldnt be a required field.

Where should I check this? In global project settings and problem causing project settings itself I don't see this kind of problem type as a required field.

Also, I'm thinking, maybe it's related to Jira updates related to project email settings. What I mean is, that before the version update when we create project and configure email requests in the username field we would write like this:image.png

After the update, when we configure email requests, we also write support@softera.lt at the beginning of the username but when we reload page it displays as this still:

image.png

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2021

As per the error message, in the current issue type behind the 'Request type' that is mapped for the email requests (report a problem?) has the field Product as required.

If you make the field not mandatory, it might help. Check for it in the field configuration scheme of the project.

Refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/setting-up-request-types-939926357.html and https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/specifying-field-behavior-938847255.html

image.png

As I understand, this was already set as not mandatory.

Jira Softera June 7, 2021

Good day,

I tried a few things.

I changed Issue request type to email request and now I'm getting issues via email but i still need my issue request type be as Report an incident. I tried to create custom Automation rule:

image.png

But I'm getting these errors:

image.png

Have any ideas on how to resolve the problem?

Suggest an answer