I have a issue with JIRA resolution field.
Initially I did not use Resolution field because it was more of redundant with status field. But due to this all the issues were seen as unresolved only. So I added a post function for updating the resolution field. which is working fine.
Now for old observations which are resolved and closed, I manually entered the resolution field values but the same is not getting reflected anywhere(In summary page graph, issues etc).
Please suggest the solution.
Thanks and regards,
When you say you "manually entered a resolution", how exactly did you do it?
Also, are you 100% sure you are resolving at the right point in your workflow? You set a resolution when resolving or closing an issue, blank it out on re-open, and NEVER put it on any screens?
By default resolution field is not visible to any user, I added the resolution field temporarily to the workflow screen. And as I was able to see the field and I had an edit rights with me, I changed the resolution.
But yes it was not done at the right point in workflow, since the observations were already closed.
Ah, good, I was hoping you'd say that for editing, that's not to worry about then.
So, what resolution are you setting, and where is it not coming out properly? Start with comparing the issue view (i.e. look directly at the issue) and the results of a filter that reports on that issue somehow - include the resolution column in the issue navigator
Right, be very very precise here. What summary screen are you looking at? What filter are you using in the issue navigator? Do not filter for resolved/unresolved issues, just make sure that the resolution field is in the navigator so you can count and debug it.
In the Project Overview section, Summary, Issues, Reports and components are there. In Summary section 30 day issue summary is shown. here below graph it is shown that "Issues: 30 created and 0 resolved "
In Issue navigator screen, I have added filter for the selected project and Resolution : Unresolved and the count which appears is 13
Ok, try NOT filtering for resolution - we're looking to compare the issue counts.
What do you get from "project = <project>" to begin with, and then "project = <project> and updated > -30d"? How many issues overall? And how many have a resolution of "Unresolved"? (Note that the italics are important here - is Unresolved in italics there?)
Right, that's why the graph is not showing much - it doesn't really think that your issues are resolved, despite them looking that way.
Could you tell us what the other 17 issues are showing in the resolution column?
Then could you try reindexing (at least the project(s) they're in, but ideally everything) and see if that changes things?
Sorry for the delay!
So, most of this sounds right, and your index is working. However. The "resolved vs created" graph is not going to work without the resolution date being filled.
How did you enter the 17 resolved issues? I'm guessing you imported them, as they have no resolution date.
As you already have seen, Jira predefined reports, e.g. about outstanding issues and a lot more, did not work properly, if the resolution field is not used. You really should use it. The benefit of using the resolution is, that after an issue was closed, you can easily check how it was closed (Fixed, Won't Fix, etc.).
It is very helpful to use several resolutions, so you can select the corresponding one to the status. If you have different statuses you certainly will be able to select the corresponding resolution in a post function, so no need for the user to select the resolution manually.
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG