Issue progress within a certain time frame

Sharona Keren November 18, 2020

Hi, 

I'm looking for a gadget, or an app that I could use to create a chart with, that could show me the progress of issues in the past week. For example if in a certain project I have the issues  EX-1, EX-2, EX-3, EX-4, I can see some sort of a graph,  that displays within a given timeframe : EX-1 moved from "Backlog" to "In Progress", EX-2 Moved from "In Development" to "In UAT" etc... for all issues in a given filter/project. So that in a meeting in front of a client I could show the progress that's been made in a simpler way, for each issue, within a given time frame. 

Does that exist? 

(I'm using the cloud version)

4 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2020

Hello @Sharona Keren 

You can try Issue History add-on, which shows all the changes that have been made to each issue.

If you need to filter the list of tasks by project, assignee, filter - you can use the Selected by functionality. If you want to filter the task by whom the task has been moved from one status to another - use the Updated by functionality and select the assignee you need.

Also, you can try Time in Status for Jira Cloud, which generates 7 types of reports, including Time in Status and Status Entrance Date ones. So you can monitor when the issue has entered each of the statuses easily. 

statusentrancedate.png

I hope, you find it helpful

Best regards, Mariana

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2020

Hello @Sharona Keren ,

I believe you can get useful reports on this using our app Time in Status.

Mainly, Time in Status allows you to see how much time each issue spent on each status or assigned to each assignebut it also has date reports that show first/last  entry/exit dates for all statuses. 

For example, the report below shows the list of issues with their first transition dates to each status. 

tisCloud_FirstTransitionToStatusDate_Report.png

You can get this report for the overall issue history or you can use the "history trim" feature of Time in Status to see the transitions only within a given timeframe, for example: current month.

You can visualize this data for each issue using a Timeline chart like this:

Timeline.png

The app calculates its reports using already existing Jira issue histories so when you install the app, you don't need to add anything to your issue workflows and you can get reports on your past issues as well.

Using Time in Status you can:

• See how much time each issue spent on each status, assignee, user group and also see dates of status transitions.
  • Calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by issue fields you select. (For example see average InProgress time per project and per issuetype.)
  • Export your data as XLS, XLSX or CSV.
  • Access data via REST API.
  • Visualize data with various chart types.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1211756

EmreT

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
November 18, 2020

Hi @Sharona Keren ,

One of the indicators of the progress is the time spent on each status and a groups of statuses(lead/cycle time). We developed Status Time app for that specific reason. It provides reports on how much time spent in each status as well as status entry dates and status transition count. It also has export functionality.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like assignee time, status entry dates, average/sum reports(eg. average in progress time per project).

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try. Hope it helps.

0 votes
Sharona Keren November 24, 2020

Thank you very much for the answers. I was looking for something a bit different- for a way to see that the issue actually moved from one status to the other, not the latest change. A report with the ability to show the change- from status X to status Y .

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events