It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issue object works on one call but fails on the next

We're using the following code:

// Get Parent Link object
def cfSprint = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject('customfield_10109')

// Remove Parent Link from Clone
if (cfSprint) {
issue.setCustomFieldValue(cfSprint, null)

commentManager.create(issue, user, commentBody, false)
}

When the setCustomFieldValue is called, it works just fine.  When issue is passed to the commentManager object, it fails.  I believe that it thinks that issue is null for some reason.

Why it works in the first instance but not in the second, I don't understand.  Can someone help me?

1 answer

0 votes

You'll need to provide a lot more details. What should your code do and what do you get in the log as error?

It says in comment remove parent link from clone, but the next line doesn't remove any link, just cleans a custom field value (and you don't update the issue, so it will only work if the post function is BEFORE fire event post function).

Add all the code removing all sensitive data and I'll try to help you

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

303 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you