Issue navigator font size change

Atis Slišāns September 12, 2011

How can I change font size of displayed data in issue navigator?

---

(Jira v4.1.2#531)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2011

Easiest thing to do then is just put something like the following in to your announcement banner:

<style type="text/css">
    #issuetable td.reporter {
        font-size: 18pt;
    }
</style>

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2011

Press ctrl+

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2011

(or mousewheel). +1 from me for the obvious answer. See below for the "world of pain" answer.

Atis Slišāns September 13, 2011

This of course is obvious.

But for me what I want is to mix font size, some bigger, some smaller.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2011

See my answer below then. You can customise the styles for different columns as you need.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2011

You could find the file global-static.css, look for the line similar to: #issuetable td {line-height:1.286;padding:5px 7px;}

then modify it to include font-size:14px or whatever you want.

A better way might be to include your own css for the jira.navigator web resource context, if contexts were available for your jira version.

If you just edit the global-static.css you may have problems because I believe clients are told to cache it for 10 years.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2011

Yup, I had a client who demanded making some other text larger, then went into a huge loop of adjusting assorted relative sizes of fonts throughout Jira and got precisely nowhere, because at the end of it, the relative sizes were the same, and the browsers resize sorted the problem. It got even more ridiculous when the team that did it went to a meeting, proudly announced they had "fixed the sizing problems in Jira", got asked for a demo, and the first thing the user did was hit ctrl- because "it doesn't fit on the screen properly if you don't shrink it a bit"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2011

I think that's the right code for Jira 4.1, but I don't have a copy to hand to check the html.

You will need to restart Jira to get this picked up - it caches a lot of stuff, including most of the css.

Atis Slišāns September 13, 2011

Found global-static.css

/* issuetable */

#issuetable .nav,
#issuetable .nav p,
#issuetable .nav img {vertical-align:top;}

#issuetable .stsequence {width:1%;white-space:nowrap;}

#issuetable .parentIssue {font-size:9px;color:#666;}
#issuetable .summary {font-size:12px;width:20%;}
#issuetable .description {width:30%;}
#issuetable .issueCount {text-align:center;}
#issuetable .status,
#issuetable .resolution,
#issuetable .issuekey {white-space:nowrap;}
#issuetable .issuetype {width:24px;}
#issuetable td.progress {font-size:0;height:1px;}
#issuetable .issue_actions {width:30px;}

If I want to reduce font size of Reporter column data. Do I need add line like this:

#issuetable td.reporter{font-size:9px;}

Do I need restart Jira or just refresh browser required after modifications?

ps Thanks for your comments!

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2011

That looks about right, but, jira probably serves the minified version so you may need to minify it. Note also there is a global-static-ie.css. Don't forget that browsers have probably cached this file. Hence my world of pain comment if you go this route. Consider using a plugin with web resource contexts, or even just override this style by inserting it in the jira announcement banner.

Suggest an answer