Issue keys for a mail handler-based project are skipping

Garrett G. October 27, 2016

Hi all,

I started a new project yesterday. It's a simple project that pulls emails in via the default mail handler (the "Create a new issue or add a comment" handler) and it works pretty well. The only thing is, there are large gaps between created issues (e.g., PROJ-2076 follows PROJ-1979, which follows PROJ-1906). There are no issues in between, and no one has access to the project to do something silly like deleting. Anyone have any ideas?

If there's no fix for this, I'd love to hear any ideas for mitigating the issue! Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2016

Check the logs.

I suspect they'll contain hundreds of rows of "error processing email" which are down to invalid characters being in the subject or body.  I think the errors will contain "Incorrect string value:"

Garrett G. October 27, 2016

That seems to be the issue, I just verified it in the logs as suggested. Any ideas (other than spam filtering, which isn't an option for this project) on how to fix the issue?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2016

Unfortunately not.  The only real fix I know of is to "not send duff email" - when I saw it, it was mail from someone using emojis on a 'phone, we just had to get them to stop.

Suggest an answer