Issue is visible on board but not in Backlog

Utsav Ratti April 18, 2019

I've got a bizarre issue where one of my developers created an issuetype==Story and then added sub-tasks underneath that story. The story is visible on the Kanban board and has a status of "In Progress" but it's not visible in the Backlog view. The remaining sub-task that is still open is visible in the Backlog view but appears orphaned; the corresponding parent issue isn't visible. All other issues appear to be visible in the Backlog view.

In the past, I might have tried re-indexing but this option is no longer available.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2019

Hi @Utsav Ratti 

wether an issue is visible in the backlog of a Kanban Board depends on its status. Check, which status is mapped to each column of your board and to the backlog.

I think, the status of the story is mapped to a column in your board and the status of the subtask is mapped to the backlog view.

Hi @Thomas Schlegel,

Thanks, I looked into that but that's not the case. The story has a status of 'In Progress' and the sub-task has a status of 'Selected for Development' and the only status that's mapped to the backlog is 'To Do' (I am attaching three screenshots for clarity).

Screenshot 1: column configuration

1. CH - Kanban Column Layout.PNG

Screenshot 2: Backlog view sections

2. CH - Backlog - Sections.PNG

Screenshot 3: Orphaned Sub-task

3. CH - Backlog - 'Selected for Dev' Section - Orphaned Sub-task.png

Here is a screenshot of a Story-to-Subtask relationship that's visualized correctly:

4. CH - Backlog - Example of a Correct Story-to-Subtask Relationship.PNG

Suggest an answer