It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issue -> sub-issue -> sub-issue possible? Edited

Hello,

is ist possible, for example with a configuration setting, to nest / pyramid sub-issues? Like this (since we have we the German version I am not sure if "sub-issue" is the official term, in German it is "Unteraufgabe"; maybe it is called "task" / "subtask"):

issue
             |            |
     sub-issue   sub-issue
      |                  |            |
sub-issue   sub-issue   sub-issue

Is that possible?

Regards
Stefan

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Stefan ,

with these issues, it is not possible. If the goal is to create a hierarchy, you may use Epic->Issue-> SubTask.

However, in my understanding, a sub task should be a the technical work that a development team performs in order to complete the issue, which should be a product backlog item. For me, a sub task is defined to be small, representing no more than a few hours to a day of work. So I do not recommend to split up more. But it is depending of what your issues mean.

Hope it helps !

Ok, thanks.

Sometimes a subtask was missing something. So we have to add work to a subtask and the subtask is getting bigger. We thought iz might be nice to have the possibility to split the subtask and get a deeper hierarchy.

We will think about other possibilities.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you