Issue fields order is not kept as it set on issue view or efit screen

Gilad Shtern May 21, 2023

Hi,

It seems like, issue fields order is not kept as it set on issue view or efit screen.

Is there any workaroud?

Kindly,

Gilad

2 answers

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2023

Hi @Gilad Shtern ,

Could you please clarify when actually order is not kept? When you edit the issue and on the view it is different? Can you send a picture that would actually show the problem? It would be definitely very helpful. 

Thank you! 

Gilad Shtern May 22, 2023

On view screen.

JiraScreenConfig.jpgIssue Actual Fields.jpg

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

Yeah so according to the list above that you shared the custom field screen configuration is as follow:

• Division
  • Approved Budget
  • Approved Year Budget
  • Issue Type*
  • Summary*
  • Total Man Months
  • Description*
  • Budget Type

And on the second (view) screen

• Division
  • Approved Budget
  • Approved Year Budget
  • Total Man Months
  • Budget Type

So it looks like the fields that "do no match" are:

• Issue Type*
  • Summary*
  • Description*

which is actually a normal behavior since all of them are default system fields (not a custom field) and actually have a special place on the view screen.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

Hi @Gilad Shtern 

You asked "Is there a way to change fields display order settings?"

Which fields you would like to change? On the screen settings? 

Gilad Shtern May 28, 2023

Hi @Mirek ,

Yes, on screen.

My clients expect to get issue field as those field were ordered.

In my example:

"Status description" (CF), is expected to be last.

But, it displays even before "Desciption"

Kindly,

Gilad 

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2023

Hi @Gilad Shtern 

As I mentioned certain fields have special place on the View screen so it might be not possible to change the order of them (for example Description) 

If customer is not using Description instead he would like to use Status Description custom field then the Description field maybe can be hidden completely?

Gilad Shtern May 30, 2023

Hi @Mirek ,

My question is: if Description is system field it means that it is more important than CF field, such as: "Status Description", right?

And yet it displayed as CF before system field.

Kindly,

Gilad

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2023

I would not say "more important" instead that this is a default system field and have his own place on the screen that cannot be changed.

It is a matter of a question do customer need "Status description" if there is a default field called "Description" if not then maybe it could be hided completely for specific project.

You might try also "duplicate" a system field by adding a CF with the same name but I do not recommend this since this introduce confusion and later it might cause problems if something is working based on "names" not IDs..

0 votes
Gilad Shtern May 24, 2023

@Mirek 

Is there a way to change fields display order settings?

Kindly,

Gilad

Suggest an answer