Issue creator can't change issue status when comment is made.

Greg Brailsford June 4, 2014

When the current user "A" creates an issue SD-1 they are unable to change ticket status to "waiting for customer" if a comment is made during transition.

We use Kanban and the ticket can be dragged and dopped into the column which triggers the popup screen that allows us to comment on the ticket. If the user "A" who created the ticket enters a comment the ticket will not move into the new status. The ticket will reamain in the previous status(column). However The comment will be sent via JEMH and will also be recorded on the ticket.

If the ticket SD-1 is moved and no comment is made during the transition by user "A" the status will be changed and works execpt no comment will be made, which defeats the purpose.

I have verifyfied that other user "B" can move that same ticket SD-1 to new column, comment, and it works perfectly.

I have also verified that user "A" can move and change status of other tickets SD-2 created by other user "C" which user "C" can't get to work.

I do not have any conditions or validators on the transition. I only have five post functions:

1. Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step.
  2. Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition.
  3. Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database.
  4. Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.
  5. Fire a Issue Commented event that can be processed by the listeners.

Jira 6.2.1

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Greg Brailsford June 5, 2014

Figured it out. Was an issue with JEMH settings. The post function Issue Commented was creating the problem. We just created a new event put in the same proccesses and then put that new event into the workflow and that solved the problem. Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer