Issue creation through email and auto response

what is procedure to raise an issue through email,and how to configure autoresponse to user when raised an issue.

3 answers

Hey Allvy,

This is about three years late but whatever. In jira's current version (v7.3.8) this can be done with a two step process.

1. Set up mail handler. You will need to configure an imap address to use. There is already a lot of documentation about that if you google around for it. 

2. Edit the notification scheme for that project to send reporters a copy of the issue on creation. 

Cody,

Thank you for your reply! I am a ServiceNow admin that has just been tasked with this.  Notification schemes seem delicate and mind boggling to me.  Can you provide more details on how to do this without disrupting the rest of the notification scheme? 

I'm stuck on how to notify a reporter if they have "My Changes: Do not notify me" set.

can you please suggest about this issue

0 votes

Jira has some basic "email handlers" which import issues from incoming email. For an "autoresponse", you set up Jira to send email to the "reporter" when an issue is created.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Feb 13, 2019 in Jira

Make your Atlassian Cloud products more secure: our NEW admin security guide

Hey admins! I’m Dave, Principal Product Manager here at Atlassian working on our cloud platform and security products. Cloud security is a moving target. As you adopt more products, employees consta...

603 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you