Issue creation from a Board does not honor default issue type

sparr January 12, 2022

This post is not about the main "Create Issue" interface.

The default issue type for my Project is Bug. When I load the Board for my Project I can scroll down and click "+ Create" to create one or more issues with just a type and title and no other information. The default type for the first issue I create is Task. If I change the type during creation to Bug then it will continue to create Bugs for further issues created in the same window. However, if I open a new window or close and re-open the site then I will again be presented Task as the selected issue type to create.

I see two reasonable solutions to this bug:

1. Remember the last used issue type per user, like the Create Issue interface does, including across sessions and logins.
  2. Start each load of the interface with the default issue type of the Project.

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @sparr 

This only applies to company managed projects

And it's not a bug, the explanation solution point 1 you have referred is the reason here

If a user is already created a issue the next time same user tries to create an issue, the user will get the last used issue type as default in same browser session

If the session is different, it will fallback to default issue type

Thanks,

Pramodh

sparr January 12, 2022

No, it won't fall back to default issue type. It falls back to Task, regardless of what the default issue type is. That's the bug.

sparr January 12, 2022

(if it fell back to the default issue type, that would still be a much smaller bug, since it would be inconsistent with how the Create Issue interface remembers your previous issue type)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events