Issue collector without a default reporter

Istvan_David November 27, 2019

Is there a way to set up an issue collector so that it does not require a default reporter? We've set up anonymous issue creation, so in principle, anonymous issue collection could work as well. Also: made the Reporter field "not required". Still, we get the following error message when trying to create an issue collector w/o a reporter: "Please enter a default reporter to create issues in project."

2 answers

0 votes
Rostam Kilgour November 8, 2021

Hi Istvan

Had the same requirement. I used the automation to create a new issue when something landed from the issue collector (it would land in a project with my name on it that I would not normally submit issues to) - copying all info across - and then deleting the originally created issue. 

This will change the name of the reporter to Automation for Jira

Best

Rostam

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2019

Hello Istvan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When creating tickets on Jira, it's necessary to set a reporter, mainly when it's from Issue collector, via email or the customer portal in Service Desk.

With that said, currently, it's necessary to set a default reporter to issue collector and then if you need, after the ticket is created, you can remove it or change, but it's necessary to set one in order to use the Issue collector.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer