Issue collector iframe

Isidro Hernández October 14, 2019

I need to have an issues collector form to be able to open it in a url with the browser. When creating the collector, it generates a script that when I put it on my website, the button that opens the form appears. This form is opened under an iframe url and that url can be copied and opened in a browser tab. So far everything is right.

The problem is that when I choose "Custom Template" in the issues collector, that iframe url no longer shows me the form. Why does this happen? Is there no way to open the iframe url with the form when it has a custom template?

Thank you very much.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Isidro Hernández October 15, 2019

The form opens by clicking on the button, so far everything is correct. Then I inspect the element and copy the url of the iframe and paste it into a new browser tab. If the form has the custom template it is not visible in the browser. The idea was to access the form through opening a url in a browser, not clicking on a button.

Thanks.

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2019

Hi Isidro,

The Issue collector URL is designed in a way to launch the iframe from the current page, if you are looking to go to a new page and create an issue, I would recomend not using the issue collector and instead create a custom button for your site that redirects to the jira instance create issue dialogue, which would be the most graceful solution.

If you have the button/link exposed to only internally licensed jira users, use the Create issue link to drop them on the jira instance in the appropriate location for the feedback, and if its an external site exposed users without a licensed jira account you would want to either set up a project that allowed for anonymous issue creation or use a service desk as the destination link with public sign up enabled, so a customer can create an account with ease.

Details on anonymous issue creation requires enabling anonymous access to the project covered here, and a workaround if desired to lock down the project if you did not want full visibility into all feedback covered here.

Details on setting up and managing public sign up options in service desk is covered here

Regards,
Earl

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2019

Hello Isidro,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm happy to take a look but for some clarification, when you say "that iframe url no longer shows me the form", Do you mean that the iframe is not popping up at all, or did you mean that the generic template wording like "What went wrong?" or "What do you like?" or the checkboxes with the smily faces located on the feedback form, are no longer avaliable when you switch to using a custom Template.

If the Iframe stopped popping up entirely that is defiantly odd behavior and the issue collector should be populating the iframe popup when the trigger action button is selected regardless of a Generic Template or custom template being in use., and if this is the case some possible items that I could think of here that could be causing a conflict would be First and foremost a caching issue in the browser so a hard refresh on the page (cmd+shift+r) or incognito browser would bypass this, next would be browser extensions or Jira add-on apps encountering some hiccup attempting to load custom behavior for a field that was added in the custom form.  I would recomend looking at the browser development tools Javascript console to see if there are any explicit page load errors shown in the output and let me know what you find.

If you were meaning that the Generic templates are removed in favor of Field names, this is something that cannot be modified in Cloud as making custom templates or modifying the existing template requires making changes to the system source files, and a common request that comes up around this is removing the name and email fields from the feedback forum as discussed "Here" and "Here" discussing the options in more detail.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer