Modifying the Issue Collector Feedback Form

Michael Geffre July 11, 2012

I have a couple questions regarding the feedback form on the Issue Collector.

1. Are we able to remove the Name and Email fields on the form and have it at least retrieve the email of the user automatically when they submit the form. The email is not on JIRA so I don't know if that would cause problems.

2. Are we able to resize the window so the users don't have to scroll down when filling out the various fields we configured in the custom form.

7 answers

0 votes
Patrick Stepp February 25, 2014

Would be nice to position the Name and Email above, below, or in between the custom fields, usually when you ask someone to fill out a form the name and email would be positioned atop the page. Using a ondemand instance we can't customize anything like in the KB workaround articiles. Please update OnDemand so I can drag the email and name fields in between and around the other fields I'm asking the customer to fill out.

0 votes
Gopi krishna August 25, 2013

I've added 2 new custom fields and marked them as required with default values, and they are displaying create screen and field configuration as display fields and mandatory fields. But they are not visible in issue collector template. Any help?

0 votes
Gopi krishna August 25, 2013

Custom fields are not visible in issue collector template?. Is there any specific settings to be made for this in jira?

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2013

No specific settings. Please make them available in create screen and field configurations.

0 votes
Joe F. Lee March 3, 2013

We have a similar problem as we already have custom fields for "customer email" and "customer name" which we ask in the form. Unfortunately we cannot use the fields for Name and Email on the bottom of the form as we cannot make them required.

We cannot really use the "Match Reporter" option as we do not allow access to our JIRA for customers.

0 votes
Leroy Elendt February 14, 2013

You probably wont need it anymore but I raised a feature request for the Issuecollector regarding customization:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31713

0 votes
motherg February 3, 2013

Renjith,

If I set that option to 'Always use Issue Reporter' I cannot save the issue collector before defining an Issue Reporter (mandatory field in the issue collector setup).

Therefore I have to select the 'Match Reporter' option (see the screenshot below).

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

Ok, with that, you should be getting the username/email always if an existing JIRA session is not found. Do you see a different behaviour?

motherg February 5, 2013

Unfortunately yes, the values I enter in to those fields are not displayed anywher on the issue.

I had a look in the Screen Schemes and those fields don't exist in there, could this be why I can't get them to display?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2013

The values comes in Description, at the end, is it not there?

motherg February 5, 2013

Nope - the contents of all the other fields I've populated is there but the values entered in to the 'Name' and 'Email' fields (which are not custom fields, just part of the issue collector) are not present

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

Looks strange, it has to be come, if the user is not logged in and the Name/Email fields are shown :( I am clueless

0 votes
Kiran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2012

Hi Michael,

1. Name and Email field.

You would not be able to remove the Name and Email field from issue collector as of now. They are the defualt fields on the collector template. The reason for Email field being there is:

• You might be able to contact the user who logged the issue later on in case you need any more info.
  • While creating an issue collector, there is a section called "Match Reporter" which has an option "Attempt to match user session of submitter or submitter email address". In this case, if there is a user on your JIRA instance who has the same email address as mentioned in the issue collector, then for that issue the reporter would be marked as that user.

2. Window Resize.

No, there is no option to resize the window as of now.

Regards,

Kiran H S

mtakata October 8, 2012

Is this something that Atlassian is looking to add as an enhancement? I know our company would also like these options.

motherg January 30, 2013

Hi Kiran,

I see what you're saying but the contents of the Email and Name fields are not displayed in the bug description, they are only used to attempt to map the reporter to a JIRA user?

Kiran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2013

@Mother-Goose, the Name and Email entered will be displayed in the desciption of the bug as well.

motherg January 31, 2013

Hi Kiran - any chance you could show me a screenshot of this being displayed? It definitely isn't on our bugs raised from the issue collector, I can't see anything in the screen schemes that should mean they are displayed either.

It sounds to me like there is a setting somewhere that I need to configure (although it also sounds like this should work out of the box too so perhaps something is wrong?).

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2013

Have you set the configuration of the Issue Collector for "Match Reporter?" to be "Always use Issue Reporter" ?

motherg February 5, 2013

Renjith, I replied but accidentally added it as another post rather than a comment, please have a look at the post below.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events