Issue collector broken in Safari

Deleted user February 5, 2019

I am using issue collector to be able to easily capture bugs, etc. from users that are testing our site. This dumps them into their own "bucket"/project so that we know about them, etc.

With the update on Mac to Mohave, it no longer works in Safari.

MacOS 12.14.* (Mojave)

Safari 12.*

Below is the bug we get, saying "We noticed that you have third-party cookies disabled in your browser. We need this enabled to correctly submit your feedback. Once youve enabled cookies, please refresh the page."

I have cookies enabled, and I think this is a function of the new security in Safari (that is coming to most browsers) that prevents cross site tracking?

How do I fix this and get things working again. Lessening the security isn't necessarily the right fix (Atlassian, you should adjust the cookies you use if that's the only fix).

3 answers

0 votes
Jarrod Parkes December 4, 2019

still is requiring the safari setting (Prevent Cross-Site Tracking DISABLED) for me too.

i'd love to know what the long-terms solution for this is? it seems like browser setting config is a short-term cop-out for not designing a more robust issue collector

0 votes
James Chan June 3, 2019

With iPhoneXS and IOS 12.3.1 and  Settings > Safari > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking DISABLED I still experiencing the following message, disallowing me to submit a form:

"We noticed that you have third-party cookies disabled in your browser. We need this enabled to correctly submit your feedback. Once youve enabled cookies, please refresh the page."

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2019

Hello Jim,

I noticed that you have tagged your question with JIRA-Cloud. Can you confirm to us I you are indeed using JIRA Cloud?

In fact, we have faced this problem before and opened a bug report to fix it on Safari 10.0.3:

JIRA Issue Collector cannot create issues in Safari with disabled 3rd party cookies (submit button is still active)

The problem was fixed on Cloud environment, however, it still happening on JIRA Server. Can you please confirm to us your environment so we can check if it is a possible regression of this bug?

Additionally, provide us the exact steps with screenshots so we can reproduce it from our side and properly report it to our development team.

We will be waiting for your answer.

Alis-Hathway Ward (DO NOT USE) March 18, 2019

We are using Cloud 100% for sure! and we're definitely having this issue (impacts safari mobile and safari desktop browser the same way). We used the HTML implementation. I think the problem is that the error doesn't tell the user what to do to fix the problem.

Screenshot of Error: http://tinypic.com/r/wagl77/9

1. Create JIRA cloud flag in JIRA cloud for project
  2. Add snippet of code to website as instructed in the directions for the HTML integration and Build
  3. Open Safari browser on any device
  4. Navigate to the website with the flag code added
  5. Find and Click the 'Send Feedback' flag
    • I currently see the modal open, with the cookies error at the top of the modal: {quote}We noticed that you have third-party cookies disabled in your browser. We need this enabled to correctly submit your feedback. Once youve enabled cookies, please refresh the page.{quote}.
  6. Repeat on safari web mobile
    • I currently see the modal open, with the cookies error at the top of the modal: {quote}We noticed that you have third-party cookies disabled in your browser. We need this enabled to correctly submit your feedback. Once youve enabled cookies, please refresh the page.{quote}.

After digging around a bit, I think that the issue is that in Safari > Preferences > Privacy > "Prevent cross-site tracking" is enabled on Safari by default. When I uncheck/untoggle that option, the problem goes away. The same seems to be true for iOS: Settings > Safari > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking. I've never messed with these settings and it is on for both of my devices.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events