Issue being resolved on creation

Josh August 18, 2014

When an issue is created, the resolution field is showing "Unresolved", which is good. However, the "Resolved Date" is showing the Creation date. Which is messing up my reporting.

How can I make sure no date is populated when a ticket is created? Also, how can I make sure when a ticket is moved to "Done" that the Resolved field is updated to "Fixed"? And then, of course, it updates the Resolution Date.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014

1. Do you have resolution on your creation screen? If so - remove it and resolution date will not set up.

2. If you want to guarantee that resolution is set up on the transition - simply add the Resolution on transition screen - and user will be forced to select something because this field is mandatory.

Josh August 18, 2014

Resolution field is not present on the creation screen. I'm trying to figure out why a new ticket is being set to Unresolved. I don't have that value in my Resolutions field. It is also setting a Resolved Date upon creation. Not sure what is going on.

Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014

Do you have a postfunction on a creation that will set up resolution field?

Suggest an answer