Issue View in Epic no Longer Visible

Monica Morgan March 14, 2022

Does anyone know how to make an epic's parent issues visible in the epic? This morning any epic with +100 issues are no longer visible - this is putting major strain on large projects. 

The epic now shows that children are not visible but we do not use children issues only parent 

Here is the copy that shows where the issues were visible last week: 

"View child issues in search

The issue view can only display up to 100 child issues. You can still add and bulk edit them from here, but you'll have to view them in search and won't be able to include them in time tracking. Learn more about child issues"

11 answers

10 votes
Pau Rotger March 15, 2022

I agree with all of you above. We are quite a big company struggling with this. It is super frustrating.

7 votes
Joshua P March 18, 2022

This change is incredibly frustrating and I am in shock that JIRA PMs allowed this to simply happen. Please please please please revert this change dear JIRA gods

6 votes
Eric Garner March 15, 2022

Same here. This problem is extremely frustrating and has been a huge impact on the way we use Jira.

6 votes
Cassie Utt March 15, 2022

Agreed - this is a major area that many of our team go to review the child items of epics. Many on my team are pretty upset about this change. 

4 votes
Nir Liran March 14, 2022

Honestly can't believe they just went ahead and disabled that. That's removing a major functionality out of the blue. 

2 votes
Gorazd Žagar March 28, 2022

They probably removed this due to the load the child issues rendering was imposing on their infrastructure. Anyway, removing this without even allowing you to override it is a pain in the ass.

2 votes
Anna Taibishlak March 21, 2022

This change is just beyond frustrating. This tool just lost its functionality and value for our teams, while prior to the Epic/Issues change we've been using Jira on a daily basis.

2 votes
gal.almog March 20, 2022

During the past week we really tried to deal with the change, but it's a big struggle. The entire team (more than 80 people) is frustrated.

1 vote
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 17, 2022

HI @Monica Morgan 

If you would be interested in a marketplace app to get the Epic hierarchy on your issue screen, you can try out our add-on

Agile Tools - Epic Tree, Links Tree and Time in Status 

Key features :

• Progress % on "remaining estimate" or "original estimates"
  • Edit Issue summary, time estimates, story points and assignee on the tree with real time updates in the progress
  • Rolled up percentage completion at all levels

Epic Hierarchy_Issue Screen_Cloud_Latest.PNG
0 votes
Pau Rotger March 21, 2022

Hello @Joshua P  @Cassie Utt  @gal.almog @Anna Taibishlak @Nir Liran JIRA has answered my Internal Support ticket with the following: 

"This situation is already tracked on the following Improvement request and gathering interested customers and I made sure to add your case internally to it:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-78677

I highly encourage you to add yourself as a watcher to follow-up on its progress and provide any feedback you might have on the comment section (make sure you're logged in to the system). This helps us in understanding the impact that it might be causing to you and other customers. On top of that, it creates a path of communication between all impacted customers with our developers and product managers.

Can you and your team vote for this issue so we can get priority?

Sujeet Singh October 28, 2022

This issue was marked as closed, however this was identified today while I was working on report.

Suggest an answer