Issue Statistics Gadget not showing statuses as expected

Jason Hayman January 3, 2020

Hi there!

I'm using the Issue Statistics gadget in some team dashboards. It seems to be inaccurate, though. I could be missing something in the administration of Jira or set-up of the search that powers it or in the gadget itself. Looking for a little help here. Thanks!

My goal is to highlight bottlenecks in the flow of issue during a sprint. So, I'm showing how many issues are in each status (Development, QA, PM Approval, etc) at any given time.

The trouble is I have issues returned in the search results that are not showing in the gadget - at least not with the expected status.

I've attached 3 screenshots to help explain.

1. Search results
  2. Gadget settings
  3. Gadget results (I renamed it Issue Flow)

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

issues_stats_gadget_settings.pngissues_stats_gadget_display.pngissue_stats_gadget_search_results.png

4 answers

2 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 25, 2020

Hi @Jason Hayman 

Also, to find bottlenecks in the flow of issues during a sprint you can try the gadget from Time in Status for Jira Cloud. It let you view data about time in each status at your Jira Dashboard. Optionally you can monitor status duration reports in a chart or issue list view. So with graphs, you can easily find the problem places in workflow witch needs your attention.
I hope it helps with your request.

1 vote
Arthur Roncey October 31, 2023

Hello - I am having the same issue with the Gadget Issue Statistics (on a Team managed board). My issues (epic type) most have values for a certain field i have on that type of tickets (a people field). My filter clearly shows most of the tickets have a value for this particular field but then in Dashboards, the gadget issue statistics does not return the same values/counts. (Similarly to the description of this reported bug). Has anyone found a workaround or validated this is a bug with JIRA?
Thanks

0 votes
Evelien.Roze January 20, 2023

Hi @Jason Hayman 

I have the same issue now, how did you resolve this?

Thanks!

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

Hi @Jason Hayman 

As I understand you want to see all the statuses except "Done Status"

For "My goal is to highlight bottlenecks in the flow of issue during a sprint"

The JQL should be [ project = " " AND Sprint = " " AND status != Done]

For "how many issues are in each status (Development, QA, PM Approval, etc) at any given time"

The JQL should be [ project = " " AND status != Done ]

Check whether the JQL you are using in the issue statistics gadget is correct.

As of now you are using "Current Spint Issue Not Done" JQL Filter, can you share it.

Jason Hayman January 3, 2020

I have the results I want in the search. The problem is some are not showing in the gadget at all. For instance, PR and Pending PO Approval are 2 statuses appearing in the search results, but not in the gadget that is using the search results.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2020

Try to play around with JQL for same results,

Try the JQL as shown in previous comment.

There's nothing more to it here,

Here's the Knowledge Base article for more information,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/filter-results-are-empty-in-dashboard-gadget-but-not-in-the-filter-page-966047393.html

Like Jason Hayman likes this
Andrea Maria Loi October 19, 2022

Is it possible that this is the problem?
Issue Statistics gadget returns "No Data Available" if the field Resolution is hidden
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-43823

Suggest an answer