It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issue Security Level not visible on form - though helper says it is.

A new cloud instance - I have permission to set issue security but the field doesn't appear. And when I look to add it, I'm told it's already there. This is true even once I changed back to the old view (it wasn't visible on the new on either). The field is listed in those for the screen scheme I'm using.

Security Level not visible.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

The issue was that the specific security levels weren't added to any roles or groups of users.

Jira's helper said it was on the screen, though it wasn't: It doesn't check that particular permission when determining if the field is visible on the form.

Hi @Brendan Andrews,

Make sure that set issue security is set in your permission scheme.

Here are the few resolution steps provided by Atlassian. Can you check if any of the steps may helpful for you?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/custom-fields-or-system-fields-are-not-appearing-on-the-screen-163416168.html

Thanks,

Sravya

Thanks though it turns out it wasn't associated with any of those.

Thanks for sharing this! Setting this on the permission scheme was what I was missing.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

376 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you