Issue Security Level not visible on form - though helper says it is.

Brendan Andrews January 22, 2019

A new cloud instance - I have permission to set issue security but the field doesn't appear. And when I look to add it, I'm told it's already there. This is true even once I changed back to the old view (it wasn't visible on the new on either). The field is listed in those for the screen scheme I'm using.

Security Level not visible.jpg

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brendan Andrews January 23, 2019

The issue was that the specific security levels weren't added to any roles or groups of users.

Jira's helper said it was on the screen, though it wasn't: It doesn't check that particular permission when determining if the field is visible on the form.

3 votes
Zack Ahmed November 1, 2022

Security Level can be viewed in the new issue view next to the Watch options.  Should see a red lock symbol.  I know!  I was expecting a field.  And don't even get me started on having an Issue Type field, gotta hover over the little icon to see those.

3 votes
Deleted user January 22, 2019

Hi @Brendan Andrews,

Make sure that set issue security is set in your permission scheme.

Here are the few resolution steps provided by Atlassian. Can you check if any of the steps may helpful for you?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/custom-fields-or-system-fields-are-not-appearing-on-the-screen-163416168.html

Thanks,

Sravya

Brendan Andrews January 23, 2019

Thanks though it turns out it wasn't associated with any of those.

Dylan H November 4, 2019

Thanks for sharing this! Setting this on the permission scheme was what I was missing.

0 votes
Jennifer Choban
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 12, 2022

I'm having this problems as well. The issue security field shows on the create screen, but not on existing issues.

This what I've checked:

• The project is associated with a security scheme
  • I have permission to set the security level
  • The Security Level is present on the screen configuration and in the field configuration scheme
  • The Security Level field is not "hidden" on the issue layout
  • The Security Level field is not in the collapsed section on the right panel 

Any help greatly appreciated.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2022

Are you named in at least one of the security levels (doesn't matter how - group, role, assignee, individual, etc)?  The field won't appear if the only option available for you to set is "none" (you have to be included in a level to be able to set it)

yauhenvatsiakou January 31, 2023

Hi. I still have exactly the same problem. Checked all the items that are mentioned above. I would like to ask @Jennifer Choban  if something helped to you?

yauhenvatsiakou January 31, 2023

Looks like they changed user usability a little bit. I found possibility to change security level at the top (small red lock).

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer