Issue Not showing on Kanban Board

Duane Steyn April 11, 2024

I am new to Jira. I have created issues and managed to set up Boards that all work. I cannot seem to get the issues to show on the Kanban Board that is automatically setup when starting a project or set up a new Kanban Board.

Most of my issues are in To do Status, but I have a couple I have transitioned to In Progress and still no issues show on the Kanban Board.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2024

Hello @Duane Steyn 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

With what type of project are you working in these cases where the cards don't show on the board? You can get the Type information from the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.

Do you have the Backlog screen enabled for your Kanban boards?

If you do have the Backlog enabled and you are working with a Company Managed Software project, then check which statuses are mapped to the Backlog screen vs. the board columns. Display of issues on the board are based on the issue statuses, and those statuses being mapped to columns on the board. Filters also are a factor - the issue has to be within the scope of the board filter and not excluded by a subfilter or quick filter.

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 9.56.11 AM.png

If you do have the Backlog enabled and you are working with a Team Managed Software project, then you have to drag the cards on the Backlog screen from the Backlog section of the list to the Board section of the list.

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 10.00.15 AM.png

Duane Steyn April 15, 2024

Thanks but was able to sort out with Trudy's reply.

0 votes
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2024

Hi @Duane Steyn 

Please check those items:

• Board filter to include what isseus you're expecting there;
  • Board columns setting with the correct statuses;

Hope it helps.

Thanks

YY哥

0 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2024

Hello @Duane Steyn and welcome to the Community!  Can you share the filter attached to your board?  And can you confirm that no quick filters are selected on the board?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events