Issue Navigator does not display all Fields from the JQL in Standard mode

Jens Kisters __SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2019

Hello,

i have stored a jira filter, the jql is compatible to the "standard" mode of the navigator.

The JQL filters on quite a number of fields:

project in (DA, WB, DBH, EXT) 
AND issuetype in ("Container Ausgangswiegung", Import-Datensatz, "Korrektur Datensatz", "Position Altsystem", Wiegedatensatz, "Zusätzliche Rechnungsposition")
AND status in (Erledigt, Erfasst, Verarbeitet, "Muss weiterberechnet werden", Abgerechnet, "Ohne Abrechnung", "Ausgangsbeleg korrigiert", "Datensatz Altsystem")
AND "Abfallart (R)" = "200139 Kunststoffe - verwertbar"
AND Anlieferungsart = Eingang
AND "Kunde (R)" = "1200000 Barzahler gewerblich "
AND Kundentyp = G
AND Leistungspunkt = W
AND Standortkürzel = PO
AND "Zeitpunkt 1. Wiegung" >= 2019-01-01
AND "Zeitpunkt 1. Wiegung" <= 2019-05-31
ORDER BY cf[11874] DESC, cf[11603] ASC

But in standard mode most of the fields are not shown in the UI:

Unbenannt.PNGThis makes the filter unusable in standard mode.

When i delete all filters that can be deleted using the mouse the standard mode looks like this:
delteted.PNGBut the JQL in the background is still filtering on some values

"Abfallart (R)" = "200139 Kunststoffe - verwertbar" 
AND "Kunde (R)" = "1200000 Barzahler gewerblich "
AND Kundentyp = G
ORDER BY cf[11874] DESC, cf[11603] ASC

All fields in the jql query are standard custom field types,

we do have applied a context to some fields, but not to all.

The problem occurs under Jira 7.13.1

thanks in advance!

Jens

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2019

@Jens Kisters 

the second idea (after re-indexing) is to check your project's "field configuration", looks like that fields are hidden:

• Abfallart (R)
  • Kunde (R)
  • Leistungspunkt

Waiting for your feedback - your case is wonderful =)

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2019

Hi Alex,

i am pleased to amaze you :)

CONTEXTS! That was the clue i needed, thanks a lot.

The Contexts had some missing combinations (marked in green)

kontexts.PNG

These missing combinations make so sense for the use case, but it seems you have to get a full coverage over the issue types to get the navigator to work as desired.

I also reindexed before trying this out, but the fields did only appear after adding the contexts.

Cheers

Jens

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2019

Wow! Thank you for case! 

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2019

Hi, @Jens Kisters __SeibertSolutions ! I have re-read your request several times, but could not understand:

1. Why are you doing this?
  2. What problem are you trying to solve now?
  3. Why aren't you comfortable with advanced search?
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2019

Hi @Alexander Bondarev ,

thank you for trying so hard and letting me know my description is unclear.

The filter serves as a report and it should have all the filter criteria relevant for this report as a preset.

The aim of this is to save the user of report from picking the correct custom fields for this report if he wants to filter on one (there are many fields with similar names).

So i have the maximum of 7 predefined fields as filters as a preset:

1. "Abfallart (R)"
  2. Anlieferungsart
  3. Kunde (R)"
  4. Kundentyp
  5. Leistungspunkt
  6. Standortkürzel
  7. Zeitpunkt 1. Wiegung

If the user now for example wants to filter the report on "Leistungspunkt" only he deletes the other 6 and gets his result.

But with the way the navigator currently behaves the user is not able to delete the fields 1,3 and 4 cant be deleted from the filters as they are not displayed in the standard mode.

kind regards

Jens

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2019

Hm, very interesting case... 

Have you already re-index your Jira-instance?

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2019

@Jens Kisters __SeibertSolutions 

the second idea (after re-indexing) is to check your project's "field configuration", looks like that fields are hidden:

• Abfallart (R)
  • Kunde (R)
  • Leistungspunkt

Waiting for your feedback - your case is wonderful =)

Suggest an answer