Issue Links field

Mat Chavez September 25, 2017

Hello Atlassian,

Specifically, this deals with a known issue here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Is-there-a-way-of-adding-Issue-links-as-a-column-in-JIRA-issue/qaq-p/266975

I want to add a little bit to this and see where you stand on this missing functionality. Let's get right into the issue here...

When creating an issue in JIRA, LINKED ISSUES is available. This allows for an issue to link to JIRA tickets only. It is one-third of the functionality of the LINK modal window. But that's fine...

Once you either link a JIRA issue in a Confluence page, or add a linked JIRA issue in the originating JIRA issue, you now have "Issue Links" as a field. This modal allows linking JIRA issues, Confluence pages, and External URLs.

What appears to be *full functionality* only exists when you have made a JIRA-JIRA, or Confluence-to-JIRA link. Am I missing something? All I want to do is expose the [ + ] functionality of "Issue Links" without having to create a false linkage. Specifically, I want to link to Confluence and External URLs without having to create a dummy JIRA link first.

Am I missing something?

-Mat

2 answers

2 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2017

There is a Link operation. Operations are available for already-created issues.

Some operations you already know are AssignEdit, or Comment.

• Link is another. You may access this via the More> menu. This will popup the Modal/Dialog.
  • You may also access it by typing . and then Link.
1 vote
Mat Chavez September 25, 2017

So .link is an interesting method. Is there no way to expose that to the main issue area? The workaround you're suggesting is:

-write an issue, save
- ... LINK

That's great. It's unintuitive, though. Is there a way to expose the "Issue links" field when it's empty? I never found a way to put that in without first having an existing issue, and then it was automatic, of course.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events