Is there a way of adding 'Issue links' as a column in JIRA issue view?

Helen Gosper March 9, 2015

Please note this is not a question about 'Linked Issues', but the 'Issue Links' field that allows you to add a link for, for example, a wiki page (in Confluence) to a JIRA issue. My use is as follows: We use Confluence for a product documentation wiki. When working on issues in JIRA we commonly add a link to the relevant wiki page via 'Issue links' to provide some additional context and help with the documentation process. I then have a JIRA Issue/Filter Macro on a page that forms part of our release notes. I use 'Columns to display' to select what information is displayed about the issues. Because 'Issues Links' is not a column I cannot select it; but it would be really useful to be able to display a column with a link to the relevant page in the documentation. Thus, is there a way to add this field as a column? 

5 answers

1 vote
Katherine March 19, 2019

Has anyone found a solution for this? 
I tried adding a Confluence link under More - Links and selecting Confluence and then inputting the URL 
on the JIRA ticket this shows up as a "Wiki Page" in the "Issue Links" section

I then added the "Wiki Page Link" Column in the 'Columns to display' section of the JIRA Issue/Filter Macro on a separate Confluence page 

Intuitively I figured since the Confluence page was linked as a "Wiki Page" it would be returned in the "Wiki Page Link" Column but this was not the case... 

I cannot figure out what Wiki Page Link Column is even supposed to be then ??

1 vote
CarmanahTech November 24, 2016

I agree this would be great. (I can add the Linked Issues field in the 'Columns to display', but it only reports linked issues, not linked Confluence pages)

blake baker June 27, 2017

I also would like this feature. This would allow us to link to confluene pages that contain  more documentation about the JIRA story. Is this feature being voted on or tracked somewhere?

Dan Brown May 2, 2018

I too have been pulling my hair out trying to figute this out.  Please add this capability.

0 votes
LUC FILION April 9, 2015

Helen, 

You may want to take a look at the AJIIM Confluence macro (http://bit.ly/1kwt9uJ) which shows, though on a per issue basis, the links to other issues. Maybe this can be somehow helpful. If you have comments/ideas about how this could be, please let me know.

Helen Gosper April 9, 2015

Thanks Luc, but my need is more about making the existing 'Issue Links' field appear as a COLUMN in JIRA. I probably confused matters by referring to Confluence. Leaving Confluence aside, the question is how to add this existing field as a JIRA column. Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

LUC FILION April 10, 2015

Oh ok! Thanks Helen for your precision. I read your first question again and now it's clear. You definitely want to take a look at Impact for JIRA (http://bit.ly/1tYPzxu). Take a look at the middle screenshot - it does what you need.

0 votes
Todd Christensen March 10, 2015

I have the same question. This would be a very helpful feature.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2015

Not natively.

I've done something similar with a derived field - you can do these with the script-runner addon quite easily.  The code needed reads the issue link area and simply parrots out any links (mine ignored issue links on the basis that "issue links" already does that and the links to documentation doesn't need to be mixed in to confuse it all)

Kevin Seery October 3, 2017

Hi Nic,

Do you have a link to the code you talked about?

Many Thanks

Kevin

Suggest an answer