Issue Collector not displaying Issue Key on Feedback message.

Marti Phillips July 23, 2015

The organization that I work for currently uses JIRAs Issue Collector to allow non-JIRA users to submit maintenance requests to our facility services department. The unfortunate problem is that as long as the person submitting the ticket is not currently logged into JIRA, the feedback message does not contain the Issue key. That's one of the things that we would like to have in place, but I am unsure how to go about doing that. This issue has been noted on both our development server and our production server. Please let me know if I need to supply additional information.

JIRA Version: 6.4.7

JIRA-DEV Version: 6.3.15

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marti Phillips August 24, 2015

After contacting Atlassian directly about the issue, we were able to find a solution by getting the "JIRA Email This Issue" add-on and configuring that to email the user who submitted the issue with the details of the issue and an issue-key.

0 votes
Bradley September 7, 2023

Actually this makes no Sense at all. What does it matter if the person has the issue key (at least if they reach out to have it tracked they can then provide it). I know several "Issue Collector" style intakes that provide you a "Confirmation Number" doesn't mean I have access to their Project or even their systems.  This is honestly a bad and almost lazy decision to not have it capable of providing a Ticket, Story, Feature, or some form of tracible confirmation number to the person submitting the item, without the use of a "add-on". 

I mean why not take away 1 item you know everyone will want, make it an "Add-on" and then charge for it. 

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2015

I guess that the Issue Collector is designed like that. It would make no sense to include the issue key if the reporter won't be able to access that.

We experienced the same issue, what I did was to customize our issue collector so that we can capture an email address and an ID in the issue collector. 

• Send an email to the the email address field for notifications
  • If applicable, create an ID from the ID field so that the user can access the ticket

Suggest an answer