Issue Collector not displaying Issue Key on Feedback message.

The organization that I work for currently uses JIRAs Issue Collector to allow non-JIRA users to submit maintenance requests to our facility services department. The unfortunate problem is that as long as the person submitting the ticket is not currently logged into JIRA, the feedback message does not contain the Issue key. That's one of the things that we would like to have in place, but I am unsure how to go about doing that. This issue has been noted on both our development server and our production server. Please let me know if I need to supply additional information.

JIRA Version: 6.4.7

JIRA-DEV Version: 6.3.15

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

After contacting Atlassian directly about the issue, we were able to find a solution by getting the "JIRA Email This Issue" add-on and configuring that to email the user who submitted the issue with the details of the issue and an issue-key.

I guess that the Issue Collector is designed like that. It would make no sense to include the issue key if the reporter won't be able to access that.

We experienced the same issue, what I did was to customize our issue collector so that we can capture an email address and an ID in the issue collector. 

• Send an email to the the email address field for notifications
  • If applicable, create an ID from the ID field so that the user can access the ticket

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,721 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you