Issue Collector Default for "Include data about your current environment"

Thomas Weidman June 8, 2017

When using an issue collector that has the checkox:

"Include data about your current environment, like the browser and page URL. This helps us understand your feedback better."

Is there a way to default that item as checked?  There are cases where this information would be helpful to be automatically included in the issue.  I have used the "fieldValues" option default the users Name and Email address and would like to-do the same for this checkbox.

5 answers

10 votes
Annette Banes June 15, 2017

All of our users are employees (we have no external customers) therefore user privacy is not an issue for our business. Although we have been sending periodic communication reminding employees to check the box they only do so about 50% of the time. We want the ability to establish our issue collector so that the default is CHECKED instead of not checked for the "include environment" checkbox so that we receive important information for troubleshooting reported issues. I have submittted a request: JRASERVER-63370If this is an issue that would benefit your business, would you please click the link above and submit a vote for Atlassian to implement this feature?  

4 votes
subindongol January 16, 2020

Just In case, if this has not been resolved yet. This is how I did it.

fieldValues: {

recordWebInfo: '1', // field Name
recordWebInfoConsent: ['1'] // field Id

}

Betsy November 5, 2020

thanks!

Pierre-Yves February 23, 2023

Works like a charm !

1 vote
Arshabhi Rai November 4, 2020

I tried what @subindongol suggested, it's half-working. The checkbox is selected automatically, but the created issue does not include the URL. This is what I  have:

JavaScript

jQuery.ajax({
URL: "<URL>",
type: "get",
cache: true,
dataType: "script"
});

window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS = {
'<ID>' :{
"triggerFunction": function(showCollectorDialog) {
//Requires that jQuery is available!
$("#myCustomTrigger").click(function(e) {
e.preventDefault();
showCollectorDialog();
});
},
fieldValues: {

recordWebInfo: '1', // field Name
recordWebInfoConsent: ['1'] // field Id

}

}
};
HTML
<a href="#" id="docsFeedbackTrigger" class="docs-issue-collector">Provide feedback</a>

Arshabhi Rai November 5, 2020

I figured it out. The above code is correct, but you will also need to add the environment field in the project settings. The Environment field option will be visible in the Issue collector settings.

Screenshot 2020-11-05 114628.png

That's it. You don't even need to select it. The URL data will be visible in the created issue.

URL.png

1 vote
Nicola Aretini October 9, 2018

When I select that option "issue collector", where am I expected to find the "Location", "Referer", "User-agent" data in the issue ticket created in my Board?

The issue is created but I can't find anywhere this data on the issue detail screen...

0 votes
Betsy May 16, 2019

Hello, May I know if this has been resolved or not? I would also want this feature in my form. Thanks!

Annette Banes May 16, 2019

This has not been resolved

Betsy May 16, 2019

I was trying a way to use the advanced feature.

So I tried this:

fieldValues: {

'customfield_recordWebInfoConsent': 'checked'

}

I tried adding a default value but I think I'm doing something wrong with the value. I hope someone can help me figure out which value will set it to checked. But I got the right ID already --- recordWebInfoConsent.

Suggest an answer