Issue Closing

Cole Perrault
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 10, 2019

TL:DR I have updated my board to where closed is no longer the last status in my workflow or on my board. In doing so all of my previously "closed" statuses came back into my backlog. What is causing these to be present there and how do I remove them?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2019

You need to configure your board so that all "closed" status are in the right-hand column on the board.  That is the single definition of done in Jira software.

Cole Perrault
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 11, 2019

Awesome, I was wondering if there was a way with JIRA and possibly resolutions or something that I could create status that would exhibit the same behavior. Thoughts?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2019

Jira Software doesn't have a way of looking at other things for "done". 

You can, as you've already suggested, do clever things with the workflows, so that your workflow matches your process, and has one or several status that are for "done".  Then to make it work for the board, map all those status into the "done" column on the right.

Suggest an answer