• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Isolated Network with Atlassian for VS Code

I work on an isolated (no internet access) network which has it's own Bitbucket and Jira servers. In this environment it seems the installation from just the extension .vsix file available on the Microsoft Marketplace does not work. The extension says it installed okay but when you try to run any command VSCode says that the command can not be found. Does the installer need to connect to the internet? Is there a .vsix somewhere that allows you to properly install without an internet connection?

VSCode 1.42.1

Jira and Bitbucket (Official) 2.4.2

Specific Error message when trying to run 'Atlassian: Settings' command:

command 'atlascode.jira.showJiraIssueSettings' not found

1 answer

0 votes

The extension will work in an isolated environment. It does require the Red Hat YAML extension to also be installed. This is usually handled automatically but if you're manually installing our extension you'll need to install that one manually as well.

I have the same problem. 

I was already installed Red Hat YAML extension and now I don't have the any errors. 

But I don't know how to integrate to my own bitbucket and jira servers (with my url).

I only see the message "Please login to jira" and don't know how. 

Thank you

@sagi rubin If you're talking about the "Please login to Jira" message in the VS Code sidebar you should be able to click on that to get to the settings for the extension.

If that doesn't work you can get to the settings for the extension by opening the VS Code command palette from the `View` menu and searching for "Atlassian: Open Settings"

Once you have the extension settings open there will be an Authentication section where you can add your servers. Since it's server you'll use the "Add custom Jira site" button.

You can switch between settings for Jira and Bitbucket using the tabs at the top of the view.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you