Is there way to configure Swimlane Based On Initiative?

Avinash Londhe December 19, 2018

Hi, 

As we can configure horizontal swimlane based on epics (to display stories) or stories (to display sub-task), can I configure them based on Initiatives(to display all epics under initiative)?

FYI, Initiatives are not listed in 'Swim Lane Based On' dropdown.

a) So is it possible to achieve this using query?

OR

b) Is there a way to add Initiative to list in 'Swim Lane Based On' dropdown

Would be more interested in answer to a.

This I want to achieve on Kanban Board. 

Regards

5 answers

6 votes
Quinn Shanahan September 27, 2022

+1 this as a feature request. swimlanes based on initiatives would be great

3 votes
Tracy Hawker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2024

Seriously Atlassian, this is a critical product gap that has existing for way too long. 

3 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2018

Hello,

b) is not possible.

a) possible but awkward. You would need to write as many JQL queries as the number of initiatives. It makes this solution too hard to maintain.

Michel Meunier June 2, 2020

This answer is old. Is someone have found a way to do option A without having to do a JQL queries for each initiatives? 

Diarmait O'Reilly June 30, 2020

I would love to be able to do B. Is it feasible, after creating new Hierarchy would like to use it to drive Swimlanes in Kanban Board

Like # people like this
Arnaud DESSEIN August 13, 2020

Yes me too, would love to do b. I have a board for run/sprint with stories organized in swimlanes by epic, and a roadmap board with epics and initiatives mixed with confusion where I'd prefer to have epics organized in swimlanes by initiative for clarity/readability. This would be more intuitive as all these levels of tickets are hierarchically related.

Like # people like this
Kim Dinh February 2, 2021

I would also want to do this for my sprint board.  We use initiatives for a lot of our planning. 

Like # people like this
Lorie Péron December 16, 2021

Hello,

Did one of you find a solution? I would like to do the same on my scrum board without having to do it manually every time there's a new initiative.

Thanks if someone have the answer :)

1 vote
Zora Vašulínová October 22, 2021

a)  query - issue in childIssuesOf("ABC-1234")

My colleague suggested this and it works for me :). But yes, it is to be manually maintained.

0 votes
Avinash Kumar March 7, 2024

Hi Guys,

Few people here are suggesting a workaround that, we need to write many JQL queries as the number of Initiatives. I am trying that. But in that case also, hierarchy is not coming.

In the swimlane, only Initiative is displaying. Epic(under that Initiative) and Story(under the Epic) are displaying in Everything Else swimlane.

Please help if have any solution. I really need it.

CC @Alexey Matveev

@Michel Meunier 

Suggest an answer