Is there some way to show project milestones in a Jira Roadmap Plan

bhaskar purkayastha February 8, 2022

While doing PI planning, we have been using the Dependency view to see the dependencies between stories. That has proved to be very useful.

One thing we cannot figure out is how to show milestones within an Epic. Is there some way to depict milestones which can give a good visual indicator of progress on an Epic? Otherwise we are just waiting for months to see if the Epic completes or not.

If anyone has any experience of depicting something like this, I would love to know.

Thanks

Bhaskar

1 answer

0 votes
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2022

Hi @bhaskar purkayastha 

I like to use releases as it places a line on the roadmap that can be used to signify a milestone whilst teams can also use it to track the issues that need to be completed in order to achieve the milestone.

Capture.PNG

This is assuming you're using Advanced Roadmaps as part of Jira Software Premium however - I think that's what you mean when you describe the dependency view?

bhaskar purkayastha February 9, 2022

@Stuart Capel - London  - Thanks for the answer. Yes we are using Advanced Roadmaps and this is exactly where I would like to see it. 

I wanted to see something exactly like how a Release shows up, but without having to create a Release. Creating a Release is a bigger deal and it involves multiple Epics completing and its a much more official thing. 

I was looking for something finer grained, something to indicate milestones within an Epic itself. Any other clues?

Thanks

Bhaskar

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer