Is there away to set due dates on a Kanban boards

I'm currently in the process of setting up our team on a Kanban board and I don't see anyway to set due dates?

I can see there are "releases" but it's unclear how to add issues to the releases.

I'm coming from Pivotal Tracker, so maybe I'm missing something about the philosophy of Kanban style management

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Fields like due date go on to issues, not the board.  The board is a view of the issues, and the due date can hence be shown on the cards that represent the issues on boards.

Releases use the "fix version" field.  With Kanban, issues are supposed to move from left to right, gradually filling up the far right hand column as "done".  When you are ready to "release"  (usually imagined as a software delivery), you click the release button at the top right, give the release a name, and Jira  stamps the issues with  the name (in the version field) and they vanish from the board because they've been delivered.

This widget could not be displayed.

I had this problem too and it took forever to find the answer.

You have to add the Due Date field to the issue detail view for the board.

On your board, go to the Board dropdown in the top right and click configure Board -> Configure

On the resulting page, on the left (Configuration) section, click the Issue Detail View link.

On the resulting page, in the second section (Date Fields), add Due Date to the list.

When you go back to the board and select and issue, due date should show up on the right!

Remember that the Due Date permissions needs to be editable by your users (there are global permissions for this as well).

Thanks for reply, i can see the Due Date in the board permission but it still doesn't appear in the individual TASKS. Any tips ?

You can add Due Date in the Card layout of the Board. 
Board -> Configure -> Card layout 
Then use the drop-down menu to select Due Date and click on add.

제이슨 I'm New Here Aug 17, 2018

@Younes El Hachemy Thanks for your answer. I tried that way but couldn't see it in the right summary column... Is there any way I can set Due Date in the right column in stead of clicking on Edit? 

@Conar Dunne 
I do not think it is possible. You should be able to see the due date on the issue cards in your board and you can see it in the issue itself when you click on view this issue. 

If the due date is still not visible, then see the link below to check if your settings are set correctly.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/due-date-field-is-missing-189431917.html

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

48 views 2 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you