Is there anyway to add a "time delay" for everyactions in JIRA Automation?

Ruben IV Asuncion
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 2, 2020

I'm having troubles on tagging users in the comment section.

The flow is below:

When status is changed, check if initiator is from QA and if version is any of versions (cited below)
action is to assign to another person then comment (auto tag the new assignee)

But the problem is on the comment, it tags the previous assignee (QA) rather than the new assignee, 

I guess the comment (action) executes earlier than the assign to (action).

I tried placing then inside the If condition but it did not work and outside the first if conditions (at the end after if conditions are satisfied, had to place control the comments since it goes wrong)
but it still tags the last assignee on the comment.

So it assigns the correct person but tags the previous assignee/initiator in the comment.

image.png

image.png

Thanks in advance for the people that'll help me find a work around.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2020

Hello @Ruben IV Asuncion

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

To ensure the new assignee is mentioned in the comment action of the second "IF" of your Automation rule, you must re-fetch the issue to update it with the new field values added between the first and the second conditions (ifs).

Better explaining, Jira automation has an action called "Re-fetch issue data" that update the last state of your issues after the modifications of the last actions. Add this action between the first and the second "IF" and the correct assignee must be selected:

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 16.29.51.png

Let us know if you have any questions.

Ruben IV Asuncion
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 5, 2020

Hi Petter,

Good day.

This has worked very fine.

Thank you for the response and support.

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2020

You are welcome, @Ruben IV Asuncion

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events